Chapter 14

Pulling up to school I feel my nerves start to kick in. It's already Friday and I haven't been able to make nice with Cam since Tuesday's outburst. Last night's back and forth texts with Thomas were short, but it still felt somewhat wrong so it didn't go much further than just telling him I was doing my homework.

Walking up to the front of the school, I hear my name being called and I turn to see Thomas running up to catch up to me. I notice some girls giving us questioning looks and others do nothing to hide their glaring towards me. Unlike Cam, Thomas pays no attention and seems to ignore it all, smiling at me.

"Hey." He says as we start to walk up to the school together.

"Hey," I say it more as a question.

Chuckling softly he rubs his chin, "I know Cam wouldn't be cool with me inviting you to the game tonight, but since I don't think he cares about you too much. Why don't you come to the game and we can hang out after?"

I clear my throat and stop to turn to him, "What do you mean he doesn't care about me too much?" I hear Vince's words in my head floating around.

Loyalty. I need to have loyalty for the very least Cam's friendship.

His eyes widen slightly and he stammers before he says nonchalantly, "Well, yeah. He's your boyfriend but he hangs out with Zoey all the time."

I start to walk into school again and he follows me in. I know everyone knew about Cam and Zoey, but I wasn't prepared for people to throw in my face as we faked being in a relationship. I know to Cam this is all fake, but I can't help but feel betrayed and hurt. I need to stop this. We're just friends.

"Olivia?" Thomas breaks me out of my thoughts when we reach my locker.

I turn to him, "Want to hang out at the library during lunch today?" I ask before I can convince myself that it's a bad idea.

His eyes widen slightly again and now I've realized he does this when he's caught off guard. Then he smiles softly, "Yeah, I'll see you then."

Before he turns, I call out to him and it's not until he turns to me that I tell him, "He cares."

He shakes his head softly before turning around to walk away and I can finally breathe with him so far away. I'm not even sure if Cam really cares, I just felt like I needed to come to his defense.

Opening my locker, Natalie leans on the locker next to mine, smirking.

"So did you break things off with Cam, now that I see you openly talking to Thomas?"

Shaking my head, still feeling a little uneasy with this, "No. Cam hasn't talked to me. I'm going to hang out with Thomas at the library during lunch."

Pulling out her phone she turns it to me revealing pictures she took of Cam with Zoey at the restaurant. They're sitting in a booth and they're sitting across from each other. She slides through the pictures, there's some where Zoey extends her arms to touch his hand, but that's all and even though I was expecting way worse, it still hurts.

She shrugs, "He could've taken you out. After all, being in a fake relationship to prove a point to that witch, was his idea." After not saying anything to respond to that, she sighs and her light blue eyes look at me sympathetically, "Liv, if you really want something with him, have you thought about telling him the truth?"

I nod, feeling defeated, "Yeah, but if he doesn't feel the same..." I blow out a breath as I feel my stomach tighten, "I'm just not ready for this to end."

Chuckling softly, she puts her phone away. "You're one crazy girl."

I'd say pathetic, but I guess that fits well too.