Chapter 7

The mall is filled with people and Penelope, Natalie, and I have to sometimes squeeze through crowds to get by. Penelope who's usually quieter than me picks up a blush pink dress and holds it up to her body, "Aw! This is cute!"

Natalie picks up an orange one, "Or this one?"

Both, Penelope and I shake our heads with wide eyes. That one brings way too much attention. Although I'm learning to deal with some attention, I'm still no pro at it. I still hate being noticed by most of the school population and I think Cam has noticed and bless his soul I think helps me in the situation. He usually wraps his arm around my shoulder and lets me sink into his side. I feel safe and hidden when he does that.

I search more through the racks and find a lacy black one and a satin blue one that reminds me a little too much of Cam's eyes. Maybe if I dress nice enough he'll start to really notice me for me and not just us being fake.

I roll my eyes. Can I be more desperate and pathetic?

I walk over to the fitting room and try on the lacy black one first. When I come out to show them Penelope's eyes widen and Natalie's grin broadens.

"It shows a lot." Penelope's eyes are still wide as she notices my heavy cleavage showing.

"You look so hot!" Natalie boosts my ego. "I didn't even notice you had such great boobs! Cam will for sure want a peek at those."

Some excitement bubbles up as I actually consider this dress. Maybe I don't have to get the one that reminds me of his eyes to get him to notice me. Maybe one that's revealing.

I quickly go back into the dressing room and can feel my hands start to get clammy as I reach for the blue dress. They don't know why I picked it so I know I'm being silly but a slight unease settles in the pit of my stomach. What if they don't like it? Could I really expect Cam to like it?

I bite my lower lip as I step out and they both let out a tiny gasp. The dress isn't as revealing as the black lacy one, but it dips on my cleavage, but only showing a hint of it. It hugs my curves perfectly, but still, a tad bit loose for wiggle room.

I'm stuck between the two and I tell them it's their turn to try dresses on and I'll make my decision after. Penelope ends up going with the blush pink that I wouldn't have thought would've been her first choice since she's usually in dark baggy clothes. The pink dress hugs every curve of hers that I didn't even know she had. Natalie didn't choose the orange, but she picked an off-the-shoulder black dress that flowed above her knees.

We finally made it to the food court and ate some burgers, but on the way out Penelope saw a store that caught her attention, and before we knew what we were doing, we were getting her all the essentials to dye her hair.

*

Natalie opens the front door to her massive house and we go up the stairs to her room. She throws the bag that contains her dress onto the floor and throws herself onto her pink bed.

"I'm so happy I don't have to think about cheerleading anymore." She sighs as she looks up at her ceiling.

Even though it was fun in the short time I was there. I'm also happy I don't have to think about it either. Especially since the other girls thought I was dating Cam, even though the other girls didn't say it outright. I knew I was looked at differently. I hate confrontation and the thought of being known for the wrong reasons doesn't sit well with me.

She sits up letting her soft brown waves fan her face as she looks down, "I do need a new hobby though."

I smile evilly towards Penelope who's sitting on the floor at the end of Natalie's bed.