Chapter 5

"So..." Cam matches my step as I'm walking towards my car after cheer practice. I look around to see where he came from, now that most of the school parking lot is empty. "If I take you to this upcoming homecoming dance, will you go to my party?"

I stop walking and search his eyes for any spark of humor, but there isn't any. This past week he's been nice and seems genuine, but then the mention of Zoey's name always comes up and brings me back to reality and he starts acting moody. 

Last week on Friday, after the game Natalie poked fun at him and said she was surprised Zoey wasn't at this game too. He glared at her and took his annoyance out on me and told me he'll just see me on Monday.

"Are you asking me to go to the homecoming dance with you?" I ask to make sure.

"Yeah, we agreed I'd take you to all the stupid school events and you'll go out with me outside of school events." He shrugs, almost bored.

Right. That was our deal. This relationship isn't real.

I nod and start walking again, "Okay. When is this party?"

"The day after the homecoming dance."

We reach my car and I throw my bag in the trunk and walk around the car towards the driver's side. I lean my back on the door and I notice his eyes on my legs. I start to feel the blush creep up on my cheeks. Is he checking me out? While I'm sweaty from practice? His eyes finally travel up and when he meets my eyes, he smirks knowingly.

I clear my throat as I push myself off the car, "Okay. I didn't think I'd be going to homecoming so I guess I can go dress shopping now."

He smiles now and this is my favorite part of him, when he's nice. "Whatever you pick, you'll look pretty."

I smile as I meet his beautiful blue eyes. I really like nice Cam. It's easy to pretend this is real. Like if my feelings for him growing are real.

I hear Natalie squeal as she nears us and I hear Cam groan. I almost feel bad for him because I know Natalie can come off as annoying, but it's only because she thinks this relationship is real.

"You guys are my favorite couple!" Natalie links her arm with mine, I've noticed she does this a lot.

Cam rolls his eyes, "Aren't you suppose to be in someone's bedpost right now?"

Natalie frowns, "I was just at practice. I'm not a slut 24 hours of the day."

Cam's eyebrows shoot up exposing his intense blue eyes, "Oh so maybe 12 hours of the day, maybe?" He shrugs.

"Anyways." Natalie ignores him and turns to me, "I tried to catch up to you to see if you wanted to have a milkshake or something at the diner, but now that Cam's here... I'm assuming you guys are hanging out."

She unlinks her arms and I open my mouth to tell her, I'll go with her because I'm not hanging out with Cam. He of course speaks before I do.

He glares at me, "It's okay, Olivia. Go hang out with your slut friend. Hopefully, you don't turn into one for hanging out with her too much."

I frown, "Stop saying that about her."

"Would you like it if I said it about you instead?" He takes a step closer and I take one back. 

I hate it when he gets moody. I hate myself for being too sensitive to this. Why can't I be like Natalie who ignores him?

I meet Natalies eyes, "Meet me at the diner."

Her eyes are wide as she nods and starts walking towards her car. I turn to open the door of my car without meeting Cam's eyes again. I don't want him to see how my eyes are starting to well up.