Chapter 6

Cam owning up to his word, has been nothing but nice. I've learned a little more about him. He has a younger brother and an older sister who's in college. He hangs out with his younger brother after school and I feel a little jealous. I've always wanted a younger sibling, every time CiCi is around, it brings a good feeling out of me. That's as close to a younger sibling as it'll get. I'm an only child. 

Currently, Penelope is driving us to Austin's house because he invited her and she doesn't want to be alone in his house with him. 

"Seriously, Penelope. What's going on with you two? We could be watching something on Netflix." 

She grips the steering wheel a little tighter and her cheeks flush, "Okay, I'll tell you, but don't judge me too hard... Well, he just likes to be touchy and I sort of like it..."

I wait for her to continue and she doesn't, "Touchy?"

Her cheeks turn a shade brighter, "Not like that, Liv. Do you remember his comment at the party when he said my hands were really soft?" I nod, "Well, it started that way. He's always wanting to hold my hand, but since we're not anything I tell him not to do it in public. We've been hanging out at the library so he can hold my hand..." I think she's done, but she takes a deep breath, "He's gone from holding my hand, to kissing the palm of it and is now kissing my cheek. I don't want to be alone with him and he finally kisses me for real."

Her eyes widen a little, looking scared.

I smile, "Do you want him to kiss you?"

She stops at the red light and frowns meeting my eyes, "A thousand times, yes. But, why would I let this go on if we aren't dating or anything? I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed."

Hmm? Like me.

She starts driving and I look out the window now, "So then tell him. Maybe he'll want something."

What is up with me giving all these types of advice and I'm doing the total opposite of them?

She smiles now, "Before meeting Austin, I'd think you were crazy if you suggested that. But I think I will. Austin isn't like other boys. I'm just a little scared."

We get to Austin's house and park right out front. He lives in a nice area. At first glance, the houses in Palo Alto don't seem that impressive as some are very old, but once you start to look past that and see all the renovated homes, it's breathtaking. Austin's is one of those renovated ones. It's white, framed with black windows. I've seen something like this on a show I watched with my mom before. They call it, farmhouse-style home. 

Before we even step foot on his porch, he comes out, grinning, "Penny!" 

Totally ignoring me and embracing Penelope in a hug. At least he's real about it. He pulls away and meets my gaze as he nods at me, "Hey, Olivia. Brought Cam with you?"

I shake my head, "Doesn't he usually hang out with his brother?"

"Yeah. He should. His brother gets into all kinds of bad stuff when he's not around." He walks us into his brightly lit home.

Definitely out of the show I watched with my mom. I should take pictures of it to show her.

"What kind of bad stuff?" I ask turning around to meet his eyes, but I see that he's now holding Penelope's hand and her cheeks brighten when she notices me looking.

He shrugs and sits down on the couch, pulling Penelope close to him. He obviously has no problem hiding his affection for her as she does towards him.

"Graffiti, smoking, drinking, girls, school, the list goes on." He chuckles and lets go of Penelope's hand to wrap his arm around her shoulder pulling her in for her back to lay at his chest. He then intertwines his hands with hers as they rest on her stomach.