E I G H T

Days passed, every day was the same. The day started with a session with Damien, Nora slept until visitor hours at two, socialised with the people who visited her, ate alone, read a book and the day finished with the same exercises in the morning before going to bed. The weekends were more fun since visitor hours were longer. Her dad visited her every day, sometimes with his wife Victoria, with Aubrey or alone. George still visited her every other day, to Nora's surprise.

She was standing next to her bed. Her eyes were focused on the bag what was standing on the ground at the other side of the room. She slowly stepped towards the big shopper, with the bed as support. She made her way to the big shopper, it was slow, but she managed the get there. The effort she had to do for only a new book.

"Nora!"

A shock went through Nora's body, and she froze. Side note: the deal was she couldn't walk without someone near her to catch her if it went wrong. Her eyes grew, but she still didn't look at the door to see who shouted her name. I am busted.

"Mate, you scared her."

She slowly turned her head to the door, facing three men: George, Lando and Alex. A deep, relieved sigh rolled over her lips. "Jesus Christ, I thought you were a nurse," she said and shook her head.

"You can walk?" Lando asked enthusiastically.

Nora looked at him. "Shout it a bit louder so the nurses will find out and I will be cuffed at my bed," she sarcastically said.

"Nope, she didn't lose her sarcastic moods," Alex smirked. "Hello, good to see you," he said and stepped towards her, pulling her in a hug.

"Good to see you too, Alex," she softly said and wrapped her arms around him. Seeing her friends for the first time since she was awake was doing her good. The moody feeling disappeared.

Alex let go of her. Lando widely smiled and gave her a hug as well. "How are you?"

She smiled. "Doing fine, but I have felt better," she honestly answered and ran her hand through her hair. "You?"

"Feeling a lot better now I see you," he said.

Nora nodded and looked at George, who leaned in for a hug. She hugged him back, secretly enjoying the moment. It felt like the time had stopped, it was just her and him. She pulled back after a while and turned back to the big shopper where she grabbed a new book. George put his hand on her back when she walked back to her bed.

"Anyway, what are you doing here? George, you really like to get me in trouble, aren't you?" Nora asked and grabbed his free hand while looking at him. He raised his eyebrow. "You're here, after visitor hours, what is not done, remember?"

"We like to push ourselves to the edge, remember?" Lando snorted and sat down on a stool.

George helped her getting back on the bed. "Chill. I have it under control. I have asked if it was alright to be here in the evening, and it was fine."

She raised her eyebrows. "And you asked whom about it?"

"Amara."

Nora put her hair together and put it in a bun. "Pretty boy, that woman fancies you. Of course, she said yes," she blurted. Alex and Lando laughed.

George rolled his eyes. "We can leave, you know? You're a pain in the arse." He walked back to the hallway and came back with pizza boxes. "I thought it would be nice to have dinner with all of us, but I can give it to the nurses?"

"Oh, hell, no," she blurted. Her eyes lit up and a happy smile curved on her lips. "You did not," she said and looked at the pizza boxes. "I honestly was about to call the nurses and ask about food because they were late with dinner, but never mind."