T H I R T Y N I N E

Nora sat on the sofa, and Oscar jumped on her lap. The conversation between her and her dad made her realise how stupid she was, but this was good stupid. She didn't regret anything from it.

"So you and George?" Aubrey asked and wiggled her eyebrows.

Nora looked at her, while petting Oscar. "Oh, ow," she mumbled when she realised about what Aubrey was talking about. "Yes, we're fine."

"Fine as in friends-fine or more-than-friends-fine?"

"More-than-friends-fine," she answered and widely smiled while her cheeks were heating up. "But I'm here for you, not for me. How did you two end up being together? Why haven't you tell me anything?"

Maisie shyly smiled. "We already knew each other because of you, but we really got to know each other when..." She swallowed hard. "When you crashed. We have a lot in common and..."

"We both had to figure out stuff," Aubrey continued and looked proudly at Maisie. "First time...so yeah."

Nora smiled widely. "Adorable. But Aub, I talked to you about boys for a while, and you never said anything about it?"

"I didn't know if it was real or not, but it feels good now." Aubrey and Maisie both nodded. "And I wanted to tell you, but you were going to a tough time, and I thought it was better not to say it until things worked out."

"Cute. I wish you all the best and happiness," Nora replied and looked at Maisie. "Are you staying over for dinner?" Maisie nodded. "Lovely. Ah, I'm so happy for you," she excitedly said.

The hospital. Nora got used to the surrounding, but it still wasn't her favourite place to be at. The exams and tests were done. All Nora and her dad needed to do was discussing the results and make a new schedule and plan. Nora was slightly scared for the results, because what if there was a tumour in her brain? Or what if there was an illness? Those things happen all the time - at least, in tv shows, but you never know.

Nora was bouncing her leg and heavily breathed. The 'what if' scenarios were the worst. It was good news or bad news, there was nothing in between.

"Nora Clarke."

She looked up and saw Ben. A nervous smile played on her lips, and she got up. "Hi," she shortly said.

"You look nervous, there no reason to be nervous," Ben whispered. "Relax." He gave Hugo a nod. "Mister Clarke. Follow me, please."

"I'm nervous, yes," Nora muttered and looked down. 

The doctor, Nora and Hugo entered the office of doctor Kline and had a seat in front of the desk. Nora weakly smiled and took a deep breath.

"How are you feeling?" Doctor Kline asked and gave her a warm smile. He looked positive, but doctors are trained to wear a mask.

She nodded. "I'm fine." Her jaw tightened, and she looked at the desk.

Kline nodded. One thing he noticed in her body language was how nervous she was. He looked at Hugo, who didn't seem to be worried. "I'm just going to say it, but all the results were negative." Nora her eyes widened. "Which is positive news, Nora. You are recovering really well, we haven't found any odd things in your scans."

A relieved sigh rolled over her lips, and she looked at her dad. Hugo widely smiled and nodded. "That's good, really good," she said.

"I want to show you your CT's, it is interesting to see. The lab results are good but quite boring to see," Kline said and turned around the computer screen. "Doctor Bailey," he said and nodded to the screen.