F O U R T Y F O U R

The only thing what was preventing George from smashing his alarm clock at seven in the morning, was the fact that it was his mobile phone. He annoyedly sighed and pressed on snooze; just give me another nine minutes. He felt Nora move around in the bed, turning away from him. It made him move closer to her. He laid on his side and wrapped his arms around Nora's torso. Nine more important minutes to cuddle.

The second time his phone went off, made him get up. George yawned and got up. He made sure he was as quiet as possible when walking around in the bedroom. The first thing he did was making breakfast, then he went for a run, showered and dressed. When he entered the bedroom after the shower, he noticed Nora moved around again; she was laying on his side now on her stomach.

George pressed a kiss on her cheek. "I love you," he whispered and stroked a piece of hair out of Nora's face. He pressed another kiss on her forehead and walked away.

"I love you too."

He was about to leave the room, but he turned around when he heard those words. This was the first time he said it to her, it came out of nowhere, it was like it was part of his way of doing, but it wasn't. And hearing those words back, it was the best he could imagine. A smile grew on his lips. Why do I have to leave? George left the room, grabbed his stuff and left for the factory.

"Nan is coming over this evening for dinner. I think she will like it if you come for dinner as well?" The mum of George asked over the phone.

George entered his house again after a day at the factory. "That sounds good," he said and closed the door behind him. "But I'm with Nora now." At least, he hoped she was still at his.

"Oh, Nora! How is she?" His mum liked Nora a lot.

A smile grew on his face. "She's doing fine, still in recovery, but it gets better every day."

"That's amazing to hear. Why don't you bring her tonight?"

He walked to the living room. "Hold on, I will ask her." His eyes glide over the living room; Nora was gone? But the TV was on, showing a makeup programme. George turned a circle, Nora was nowhere to be found.

He heard a deep sigh. "No, Steph, not the talking today," Nora complained and sat up on the couch.

Update: she is found. "Hello," George said. Nora looked at him and smiled. "Quick question: dinner at my parents tonight? With nan and the followers?"

"Hey," she smiled and somehow had a cheeky look on her face. "If it is fine with you, your parents and the followers, then sure."

He nodded. "We will be there in an hour?" Nora nodded as confirmation. "Do we have to bring anything?"

"No, darling. We will see you in an hour. Drive safely."

"Cheers," George smiled and ended the call. He walked over to Nora and gave her a long kiss. "I lost you," he smirked.

Nora smiled and looked around. "I was just chilling in my burrito inspired wrap blanket thingy," she proudly said.

"Burrito inspired wrap blanket thingy," he repeated and nodded impressed. "Interesting." They both giggled. "How are you? How was your day?"

She looked around. "It was alright, sour muscles and my head hurt, but it's all over now." George nodded. "You?"

"It was a good day at the factory, we discussed the last race, and we are working on some new stuff. Exhausting but interesting."

"That is good," she smiled satisfied. "When do we need to go?"

He looked at the time. "Fifteen minutes." Nora's eyes widened, and she got up from the couch. "Go change, I will tidy up it here," he mentioned. There was only a blanket on the sofa, a plate and a cup on the coffee table, but he knew Nora would tidy that up first and then change herself.

"Can I borrow a shirt? I only have that blouse with a stain in it." Nora walked back to the living room, facing George. "I really need to bring my own stuff," she muttered and looked down at the clothes she was wearing: hoodie and sweatpants from George.

"You don't have to ask that," he said and walked towards her. They both walked to the bedroom. "And I don't blame you, you always stay over when it wasn't the plan at first, but you're always welcome."

A smile curved on her lips. "Still." She opened the closet and looked at the different clothing items. "I will get a jumper?" She turned around and looked at George, who was laying on his side on the bed. "I feel like I'm colonising everything you own."

He laughed. "Grab whatever you want, my clothes look better on you anyway, so you will look beautiful." Nora raised her eyebrows. "It is true."

"Cheesy." She grabbed a grey jumper and changed the hoodie for the jumper and the sweatpants for a jeans. Nora tucked in the jumper in the jeans and looked in the mirror. "Is this acceptable?"

George his eyes were focused on her body, her beautiful curves were showing. "Absolutely. And it's just my family, not someone special."

She brushed her hair. "I have met your parents a few times before, at a race, just a quick chat. And now I will meet them as your girlfriend, same as the rest of your family. Of course, I have to make a good impression." Nora looked around. "No makeup it is," she muttered. "I'm ready."

He stuck out his arms and rolled on his back. "Come," he said. Nora laid down on top of him and looked at him. "Just a few minutes."

Nora placed a small kiss on his lips. "Won't we be late?"

"Neh." His arms were wrapped around her body, and his eyes were gazing in her eyes. "This morning..." She nodded and a shy smile curved on her lips, she knew what he was gonna say. "...you remember?"

"Of course," she whispered. Those three words were one of the best starts she wished for in the morning, and it made her day a lot better. "I may have been half asleep, but I was awake enough to hear it and say it back." Her fingers were tracing his jawline.

His eyes twinkled, warmth raced through his body; this was what people called love. He waited so long for the words to say to her;

He loved her.