T H I R T Y S E V E N

George and Aleix were discussing the results of Saturday during dinner: starting from p19. Of course, everybody hoped for better results, but it was the start of the season. This weekend was all about the startup of the team. George was satisfied with the results, he was excited to start his career in F1.

The day was tough for Nora; the jet lag hit differently than yesterday. She was listening to the ongoing conversation but zoned out. The sun was setting, the temperature slowly dropped, and a soft, cold breeze entered the evening. Nora scanned the area; they were dining at a local restaurant - probably an Instagram-worthy restaurant. The food was good, but how it was decorated was it a restaurant for on the Gram.

Aleix excused himself from the couple and went to the bathroom.

"Are you okay? You are so quiet," George asked Nora and looked at her. He had to poke her and repeat the question again.

"Oh, yeah, I am," Nora muttered and plastered a smile on her face. "Having a dip," she nodded. "Processing the day." She looked away. "The moment when you kissed me, at the garage, Claire look at me and I don't know...I felt uncomfortable."

"Why?"

"I don't know. She's your boss and I just entered the place without a warning and I don't know."

"She is just glad to see you back, love."

"I just overthink too much," she sighed and shook her head. George was right, but Nora was overthinking and making assumptions about nothing.

"We can go back to the hotel if you want to." She was shaking her head, still avoiding his eyes. He was studying her face, she wasn't telling him everything. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she replied. "Don't worry about me, I don't want to ruin your time off." George raised his eyebrows and looked worriedly. "My body hurts," she sighed. "And I'm tired."

His face softened. "You don't have to hide that, you're recovering, and I'm surprised you are still here, with me, and not at the hotel," George weakly smiled. "We can go back to the hotel."

She shook her head. "I will go back, you can stay here. Please, enjoy your time off, George. Don't mind me. I'm sorry for not being a nice company," she apologised and showed a thin-lipped smile.

"I can go with you."

"It's fine. The hotel is around the corner, I will be fine. I will run a bath and relax for some time." She took the last sip of her drink. "Thanks for today."

He nodded. "Walk safely," he smiled.

"I will." Nora leaned in and gave him a kiss. "I will see you later."

George quickly gave her another kiss. They both widely smiled. Nora walked away from the restaurant, waving at George when he almost was out her sight. He looked in front of him and scanned the area; Australia... what a weekend to start the season. He took a sip from his drink and watched some people who were passing.

"Where's Nora?" Aleix curiously asked when he sat back at the table.

"Back to the hotel, she was tired," George answered. Aleix nodded. "She's pushing herself way too far over her limit, like she's afraid to say no."

"She's in pain," Aleix said. "I don't know here that well, but I can see she's in pain; physical pain. This weekend is probably too much for her. Nora doesn't want to say no because she wants to see you." George looked away while biting on the inside of his cheek. "She's stubborn."

George smirked. "She is. Stubborn enough to hide the pain."

"Nora doesn't want you to worry about her, she doesn't want to give you her worries or insecurities because she wants you to focus on this weekend. And let's be real, since she got here yesterday things got better. You can focus more on your job because you don't have to worry about the fight between you two. She has taken away the sadness."

The Blackout ⤖ George Russellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें