AUTHOR'S CUT

This is an extra chapter about how we created the storyline and the ideas that never made the story. This concept is new to both of us, so we are trying to see how it works, if it works. We thought it was fun to see the process of this story, since we have switched between storylines a lot, and share it with you!

Please, do not copy the ideas. It is still ours. You can absolutely use this as inspiration, but send us a message if you would like to use it as inspiration.

Thanks!

It was never the idea to bring George and Nora together as a couple, they had to be like secret lovers, both too stubborn and too shy to admit they had feelings for each other. Perhaps we would bring them together at the end of the book, but the original plan was NOT to bring them together as a couple - more like more than friends, but way less than lovers. But during the process, Nora became our friend and we had to switch the storyline for probably for the one hundred twentieth time.

One thing we knew for sure was that they had to be drivers, preferably competition. Nora and George had something in common, they had like the sparkle between them - but more like fire, a touch of hate, rivalry and disgusted. However, we're too soft to write a hateful relationship between the both, so we decided to add a little hate and rivalry in the book using flashbacks.

Okay, nice; we've got the storyline between George and Nora, we have the connection on how they know each other, but what will be head storyline?

Rivalry on the track? Fights on the work floor? Something else?

An accident. It seems like a simple choice with a couple storylines. We both liked the idea of memory loss but didn't quite know how to write a story about it. After that we had a couple more questions such as what kind of accident? Are there more people involved? How did it happen? What are the injuries?

At first, it was the plan that Nora had a complete temporarily loss, so she wouldn't remember her life before the accident. We didn't go for that, but for a few days temporarily loss. The rest of the story was exactly how we wanted it to be.

And why have we decided to end this book how it ended? One reason: life can be unfair. Just when you thought everything was going fine, life can destroy that. And we feel like we have written a beautiful story, it may be a sad end, but at least it isn't that horrible. We thought sometimes everyone needs a little reminder of real life and that life is not a fairytale. Fortunately Nora can recover 'again', which makes it possible to use your own imagination to create your end of the story.

There will be two short snaps of how we originally planned the story. Maybe it is sometimes a little confusing but we hope to give you as our beloved reader a little insight in our brains.

We hope you like this chapter!

✻∙✻∙✻

"Sorry, you were who again?" Nora asked when a man sat down next to her on her bed. The doctors allowed Nora's friends to visit her in the hope her memory will come back.

"I'm George," the man said.

A smile spread out on her face, the smile George adored to see. "George," she mumbled and wrote his name down in a notebook. "Nice to meet you or meet you again. I have to write your name down, so I can remember it and maybe even get a memory back. What were we?" It was her, it was like the old Nora was talking to him.

"We were..." he began but corrected himself. "...are friends."

She nodded and wrote it down again. "How did we meet?"