CH 28

Not proof read!!

_______________________________________

The wind breeze blew, my hair dancing in its rhythm as I sat on the grass on a sunny day. A small brown puppy played with my finger, trying to bite me as I rub its chin. "You love rubs." I spoke in squishy voice to it. It let out a cute bark as though agreeing with me. I picked it in my hand and caressed its head while it licked my fingers of the hand that was holding. "Y/n?" I heard someone call me and I turn my gaze to the voice.

Far away someone was approaching me. My eyes scrunched so as to check who it is yet I was not able to make out who it was. The person came closer calling my name yet their face not coming clear. They came to me and shook my body.

"Y/n?" I heard someone calling me and shaking my body vigorously.

I stirred up from my sleep. The next thing I know is a jug of water splashed on my face. It woke me up clearly and my eyes looked around. "Seohyun?" I uttered in frustration.

"Prince Jimin is calling you." She said and went back to her bed. "Why would you do that?" I muttered under my breath controlling my rising temper. I pushed my body down, search for towel to wipe my face before walking to the door to meet the guard. I closed the door behind and asked him to go back to his quarters.

My legs walked lazily. Why now? Why today? Two days ago he mentioned her name and did not call me that night.

"Your highness?" I called him. A yes came and I walk in rubbing my left eye quickly and turning to face him. The room was lit with the candle on the candle stand beside his bed. He was seated at the edge of his bed. As usual he was depressed, staring at his hands that rested on his knees. I walked closer to bed preparing myself what was going to come.

After sucking in a breath, seeping the courage from my inner self, my hands untie my blouse and the long skirt of hanbok dropping on the floor. Leaving me with my covered chest and underpants.

(Note: you r not showing your naked chest first thing. Back then females used to wrap a cloth tightly on their chest techincally old fashioned bras. Just like a bra instead of thin ends with hooks, it used to have broad ends making it easy for females to tie tightly as they prefer. Underpants r not panties they r normal pants worn under hanbok.)

"Your highness," I call him. He looked at me, his eyes dark like always yet they were not wrath filled, they were sorrowful and lifeless. "Wear them back." He commanded in a dry voice, swinging his hand to do go and wear it. My hands reached the blouse and skirt dropped and wore it. "Stand here." He asked me to stand infront of him pointing and staring at the floor. I bowed in confusion.

Now what is he scheming? I thought everything was settled. His highness is very much messed up himself. He must find a way to tackle the sorrow.

I walk and stand on the place said. It was actually close to Prince Jimin. There was only my index finger space between stomach and his head. My breath slowly started to become uneven, my eyes look at the candle to avoid staring at his hair. I took a dep breath and let it out getting the feeling of short in breath. I look up at the ceiling thinking why did he call me in the middle of night. Y/n you are his nanny, support him. My angelic soft side reminded. So, you are his maid and attendant not his nanny. Y/n do not let yourself drift away. He made you suffer so much. My evil rude side broke it. Still Y/n, he is a prince, he is your master, light his way, help him; that is your job. My angel said to me.

As suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist and head leaning on my stomach. A gasp escaped my mouth, along my eyes widen as I feel him hugging me. Such a thing was not expected from him. "Y/n.." I heard his broken voice. "I do not know what I did to have such a life." He nuzzled his head further in. Not given a choice I caressed his head to ease him. "I am such a low being among all people in this kingdom. I can never do anything independently. I know I am nothing but a burden. I know my mother is dead. I know everyone hates my existence, even my own father." He broke down, his sniffles. It ached my heart for some reason, was it because he is my master or was it only sympathy or was I pitting him?

"Unlike other noblemen and princes, I am not able to study the art of war. Considering my poor immunity I am not even able to live a normal life." He cried. I felt terrible. I hugged his head while his cries muffled. "You do not know, once anyone comes to know my existence, they are either beheaded or made as servants in the palace till they die." He cried. I hated when others cried in front of me because I would cry with them.

My hands lift his head to look up at me, my eyes were tearing up slowly hearing his sorrow. Using my sleeves I wipe away his tears as his dejected eyes look at me. "I wish I was not such a sick person. Since the time I can recollect, I have been kept in this palace as a prisoner. My freedom as a prince restrained just as a bird closed in a cage. My life is worthless being no productive for the kingdom or myself. I feel like a corpse forced to live this life." brimming tears made him close his eyes, them sliding down his face, my sleeve raise to wipe them away. His broken voice hiccupped, tears wetting his long lashes, crying like a small child, his vulnerability creating another self to embrace and protect him.

His face dug back to my stomach not wanting to maintain eye contact. "Unlike Taehyung, I am not self independent. Surrounded by the maids all the time, not having the freedom to walk out, meet new people, practice archery or anything."

"Another reason my life being this pathetic is bearing the sin for the root of people's death. You do not have any knowledge Y/n. You know nothing." He broken voice shouted as his arms tightened their grip around me. "Just like Yubin nor will you be returning to your family." He snivelled. My eyes shot wide.

What is Prince trying to convey? Not return to my family? Am I going to be killed by him?
Fear took me from their on. Yet the angelic part reminded to hear him completely.

"We met when I was ten years old. She  drifted away from her father being awestruck by palace's beauty and came to the garden. She saw a pale, weak boy walking with the help of his maids in the garden. That was it, her appearance was informed to father and the next thing she knew was that she was sold by her parents to attend me. It was heart breaking for her, believing her parents did not want her anymore. Assigned to attend a ten year old prince yet she never showed the loath that she held. She took care of me until she passed away and no cares about her." He gripped my hanbok tighter, rubbing his face on my stomach so to erase everything.

"She was my only friend who would tell me about everything in this world she had seen. And being her friend I was not there for her when she needed me the most." I caressed his back hugging him underneath me.

"It haunts me Y/n. It haunts me every night. I am tired of this. I am not only worthless but useless as well. Then you came and I only behaved rude to you, hoping that you would leave me. But you did not. I physically abused you hoping that you would run away but you did not. I am done with hurting anyone anymore." He cried harder and I rub his back to sooth him.

After a while of sobbing he loosened the grip, indicating he calmed down and I leave the hold. I looked down at him to see his runny nose and swollen teary eyes. I pull my hanbok up and wipe his nose and eyes.

He looked up at me and I drew a smile on my face. "I have favour Y/n?" He asked with his trembling and weak voice.

Favour? What favour? Why would a high person like him ask a favour from a low peasant like me? Anyhow I nod to him.

"I want to atone for my sins." He said looking fiercely at me. "I want you to run away as far as you can but only after you assassinate me."

___________________________________

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Hey guys,
This is the chap. It took time for me to write it. My life is a mess now. IDK what to do with it. Anyhow I will try to overcome that thing. Pray to give me the strength to overcome them. 😁😁

Thank you for your patience and love and support. 😄😄

YOU ALL BETTER VOTE ALL THE CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T. 😤

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF AND YOUR FAMILY. 😊😊

With Love,
Anny😘