Avon Theater

"Okay class, for this upcoming project we will be taking a trip to the Avon Theater. We all will be going there to find out how the musical world has developed over time. This will be the biggest project of the year, so anyone in this class that is planning on messing around at that theater, will receive a zero for the entire marking period," Mr. Johnson expresses, holding a yard stick in his hand as he paces back and forth of the class. I turned my head to look at Justin, he slightly smiled back and put his focus back on Mr. Johnson. "For this project, you and your partner will get together and research all you can about the theater and all the past history.

"Do we get to pick our partners?" Ashley smirks, turning in her chair to eye a familiar face; Justin.

"Yes, you will be able to chose your own partner for this project, but if you think that you're going to pick a person and make them do all of the work, you are absolutely wrong," Mr. Johnson replies, pointing the yard stick to Ashley. Ashley raises her hands in defence and locks eyes with Justin. I rolled my eyes, and continued to face forward.

"You guys have five minutes left of class so you can walk around and decide who you want to partner up with," Mr. Johnson says, walking over to his desk and taking a seat in his chair, focusing his eyes on his computer.

"I choose Justin," Ashley shouts, racing over to Justin before I had a chance to say anything. Rolling my eyes in aggravation, I scanned the class for someone to partner up with, before my eyes landed on Liam.

No No NO!

"Hey pretty lady, you up for being my partner?" Liam asks. I looked up at Liam, giving him a piercing gaze at the fact that he, Liam, had the audacity to ask me to be his partner.

"I'm sure there's other people out there who would want to be your partner. Anyway, I was planning on working by myself for this project," Lie.

"You have to have a partner for this project Brooklynn," Mr. Johnson says, never once breaking his gaze from his computer screen.

"Ugh, whatever Liam, I will be your stupid partner, but any funny stuff I will kick your ass," I spat.

"Language," Mr. Johnson says, looking at me sternly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean too," I says with widen eyes. Mr. Johnson just looked at me and rolled his eyes, before returning his gaze to his computer screen.

"So, are you ready for this project? We will have to spend a lot of time together for this because I am not going to get anything less than an A- on this report," he speaks, raising his eyebrows.

"You only picked me to be your partner because you knew we would have to spend time together, didn't you," I ask, getting up from my desk. Before he had a chance to respond, the bell rings, signaling the end of class.

"Whoops, looks like there's no time to tell you," he smiles, picking up his bag and walking out of the class.

I rolled my eyes, before I picked my bag off the floor and searched the class for Justin. He just stood in the back of the class with his eyes locked on Asley's face as she talked to him. I could tell he was upset that they were partners, but I kept it to my thought to myself.

"Hey," I smile, as I approached the both of them. "The bell rang guys," I giggle, pointing to my wrist like there was a watch on it.

"Well obviously we know the bell rang, we don't need a messenger to tell us. Especially not from a nerd. Right Justin?" Ashley ask, rubbing Justin's arm. I quietly scoff and roll my eyes, waiting for Justin's response. He furrowed his eyebrows at me before responding.

"Right," he replied simply, before looking at me with a look of pity. Without responding, I blinked hardly before walking out of the classroom.

The day scurried by. Claire and I met up and I told her how Justin and I talked in the cabin, and how I forgave him and everything, then I told her what he had did today. She still didn't budge. She knew that something was wrong, and she knew there was something holding him back from talking to me at school. I didn't mention the whole uncle thing because I didn't want another person knowing about Justin's family. I just kept quiet and let her tell me how I should continue to be his friend, just avoid trying to talk to him at school.