The Truth

"Brooklynn, we will be back, Pattie, Joey and I have to talk to each other about something. It'll be quick," Aunt Kelly says, getting up from her seat and walking over to the door.

"Ok, don't be too long, I'm really hungry, my stomach won't stop rumbling," I replied. Aunt Kelly just looked at me and smiled before all of the adults left the hospital room.

Justin sat in the far right corner of the room. He still hadn't said anyhing to me since he made it up here. If I had to be honest, I was getting pretty upset that he didn't acknowledge the fact that I was here.

"So did you just come here to take up space, or?" I asked rudely, folding my arms across my chest.

"I came here to make sure you were okay. I heard that you had gotten into a car accident and I just thought it would be nice to check up on you," He mumbled, with his head towards the ground.

I looked at him with squinted eyes. He acted like he couldn't look me in the eye, so I cleared my throat and pretended like I didn't hear what he had said.

"What was that?"

Breaking his gaze from the ground, he looked me in the face before repeating what he said.

"I said, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Justin replied simply.

A small smirk danced on my lips, probably not big enough to catch Justin's attention, but it was there.

"I really don't need your pity party. You and I both know that the only reason you came here was because your mom came. You don't care about anyone, or anything besides popularity, oh yeah, and Ashley. Like are you trying to date the whole gang? First you banged her friend in the car at a party, now you're dating Ashley what's next? You pretended like you were my friend and you pretended you cared about me, then soon as you got in front of people, I was the nobody you somehow forgot about. You think all those people care about you? Sorry to break it to you, but they don't. You think Ashley likes you? Ha, it isn't none of my business, so you continue to live your life, and I'll live mine," I say rudely. I don't know what had came over me. Maybe I was jealous because I was the one left behind.

"I'm sorry," Justin muttered, lowering his head. My eyes remained on him as I begin to blink heavily. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair before closing me eyes. "I'm sorry for everything, Being mean to you, neglecting you, denying you," he adds, getting up from his seat and walking over to me. "We were best friends. I promised you. I'm not one to break my promise, but the pressure got to me. I felt the need to please everyone, to make sure everyone approved of me because I was thirsty for the attention I was receiving. I know I've apologize several times, but I seriously mean it this time. I-I just want you to forgive me," Justin pleads, kneeling beside my bed. I looked into his eyes searching for the right words to say to him. Nothing came to mind but the worst things possible. Maybe it was a sign. Maybe I needed to tell him I didn't care anymore. Maybe it was time to let him go as a friend completely.

"No; no Justin. I'm tired of saying I forgive you. I'm tired of giving you chance after chance, only for you to turn around and throw it back in front of my face. I refuse. No," I spat, looking at him sternly.

"What do I have to do to prove to you that I'm serious? I just need one more chance. I'm sorry please just don't, don't be like this to me. I know you can find it in your heart to forgive all my messed up mistakes. I know you can, just please believe me when I tell you I am sorry for everything," he replies, getting up off the floor and begininng to pace the room. Why was he so emotional about this now? Why did it matter so much to him that I forgave him?

"Why do you care so much for my apology? It's not like it's going to do you or me any good. I'm gonna say I forgive you, then you're gonna be all nice for one day before you get in front of people at school. I just don't really care about being your friend anymore Justin,"