t h r e e

-dad

i was at home, not relaxing, solving math problems while the teacher, ms. lee was beside me.

i know everyone treats you like a princess, but im not everyone. im jeon wonwoo.

his words played in my mind for nth time. "hyejoo, please do this." she pushed a piece of paper with a bunch of questions.

i sighed and obediently did it, not wanting the incident to happen again.

i remembered that i once declined to do the questions and. me and the teacher that used to teach me, got in trouble.

the teacher was fired and i was scolded.

after a while, my dad came out from his office. "how are you, ms lee?"

"im fine, sir." ms lee bowed politely towards him. my dad's eyes landed on mine. my heart was getting excited, a smile crept up on my lips.

"go get ready for your piano lessons," he said in monotned voice. my smile slowly faded, i was expecting him to ask me how's my day...

people see me as a diamond, a beautiful, perfect jewel. but like a diamond, before they are one, they were a piece of coal, ugly and unwanted.

they went through a huge amount of pressure and turned into a diamond. and of course no one wants to be the coal.

my dad stopped on his tracks and looked at me. "did you keep your perfect image outside?" he asked. i bobbed my head up and down, well at least he asked something about me.

"this wednesday, don't study in the library. we're gonna go to a party," he informed me. "be in your best behaviour," he said in a stern voice as i simpy nodded.

yes, he brings me to formal parties, lots of them. we sometimes have dinner with a family and arranges me and a random boy's marriage.

i keep on declining and it works. i just used the 'studies first' excuse.