t w e n t y t w o

-diamond

"i ran away, because of my dad. im stressed. the only break i ever had was when i was sick," she continued, there were no tears, she just kept her eyes on the river.

"i shouldn't be complaining, at least i can live under a roof." she chuckled. i just kept my mouth shut waiting for her to continue.

"ever since my mom died, my dad made me play the violin, piano and take some classes. he would bring me to parties and brags about me, saying that im his perfect diamond." 

i felt bad for her, behind those smiles, good grades and kind personality she was actually stressed. she's a gem in the outside, but her dad was constantly burying her with more classes.

"i don't want to be an unwanted coal. im trying to be a diamond, always shining and perfect, it's tiring. im tired of being a diamond." 

i saw tears forming in her eyes, she blinked them away and tried to smile.

♢ ♢ ♢

lee hyejoo's pov

"who says a coal is useless?" he spoke and i snapped my head towards him. i was really confused.

"they can light fire, a diamond is just a jewellery who people uses to brag around," he stated while looking at me.

then it hit me, the reason why my dad gives me more pressure is to show me off to others, no wonder we go to thousands of fancy parties.

"if you're tired of being perfect, why don't you scream all of your emotions towards the river," he said making me shocked.

"but there's people," i told him while looking around the passerbys.

"i thought you don't want to be perfect. you don't have to please everyone. they're not gonna remember you anyways," he said. 

and what he said was true, i always try to please everyone, i didn't even realize that im not pleasing myself. i was amazed by his words.

i faced the river and screamed, "i don't want to please anyone anymore! im tired of being perfect!"

as i screamed, i can feel stares of people, but wonwoo made me realize that i don't have to please everyone. i also felt myself shedding tears.

this is the first time i cried ever since my mom died.