s i x

-fancy

my dad's driver came to my school; he came with a nice black car. he greeted me and opened the door for me, "in you go, ms hyejoo."

i went inside and the smell of cherries came in my nose. it smelled like my mom's favourite perfume she would wear every special occasion.

my mom never liked me working too hard on myself, she wants me to keep it balance. she was a great woman and mother.

she died because of giving birth to my brother; his name was, lee hyejun. the doctor made us choose the mother or the baby. 

it was a hard decision, i remembered my parents in the dining room late at night, deciding who should live. 

in the end we chose hyejun, my mom figured that i would be a great sister and my dad would be a great father towards the both of us. 

unfortunately, both of them died. at least hyejun is resting in heaven, instead of acting to be perfect just like me.

♢ ♢ ♢

we were finally at the party, everyone was holding a glass of wine in their hands and wearing some fancy dresses and tuxedos. 

"behave and stick close beside me," my dad leaned towards me and whispered. my dad started talking to some other fancy people while bragging about me.

"my daughter never gets great grades and she isn't even stressed!" my dad exclaimed while the person who he was talking started laughing, even my dad.

is this a parent's joke that i don't get? what's so funny about this?

i was getting upset while i just laughed along. i was upset that my dad thinks im fine with all the tuition classes.

"she can even play the piano!" my dad bragged about me. 

it was kinda annoying that my dad talks about me outside like im a celebrity, when he doesn't even ask how my day went.

"i wanna see her play!" one person said. my dad nudged my shoulder signaling me to play the piano in front of the people. 

i obediently went on the platform and played the piano; all eyes were on me. everything went smoothly, until i played a note wrong.