la vie est belle

A few months later..

Heiko sat down on the stairs in front of the apartement building. Next to him were 2 big travel bags, 2 suitcases and 2 guitar cases. Heiko was wearing a big sweater with on top of that a jacket and a hat. He was feeling cold. He warmed his hands by stroking them over each other. After a few minutes he heard a car pull up in front of him. He looked up and smiled. After a few minutes Richi got out of the car and walked over to Heiko.

"you are dressed like we are going to greenland.."
"shut up. I feel cold."

Richi laughed as he grabbed the bags. Heiko got up as well and walked after Richi towards the car while carying the two suitcases. They put the baggage in the car. While Richi was fitting everything nicely in the trunk, Heiko walked back to the stairs and grabbed the two guitar cases. He carried them back to the car where Richi was waiting for the guitars to arrive. Richi smiled at Heiko.

"what?"
"easy isn't it?"
"what?"
"The guitar cases.. I can't imagine how you managed to carry your guitars around in garbage bags for years.."
"You promised to not bring it up again!"..

Richi laughed. "Get in!" he yelled while he walked to the front seat. Heiko closed the trunk and walked to the other side. He tried to open the door but Richi had locked it. "Asshole.." said Heiko as he tried to pull an angry face. Richi laughed. "i had to.." Heiko sat down next to richi.

"Got everything!?"
Heiko laughed. "I think so.. Otherwise.. We are not going to the end of the world!"
"Let's go to La France!"

Richi drove off. Heiko connected his phone to the car. "what playlist do we want?" "well.. We are going on a road trip aren't we?" Heiko laughed. "Road trip it is!" He put on te playlist, coinsidence or not.. the first song that played was: La vie en rose. "very suiting." Heiko laughed.

They drove for some minutes listening to the music. Then Richi said: "we will stop at the next gas station." "why that?" "I need to go to the toilet." Heiko laughed. "couldn't you do that before?" Richi looked at Heiko with an annoyed expression. "Says you?.." Heiko pretended like he didn't hear it. "I want coffee anyways."

They stopped at the nearest gas station and took a break. Heiko got a coffee and waited at the car for Richi to come back. While he waited he took out his phone and scrolled trough some pictures of Paris. As Richi came back, Heiko said: "THIS!" Richi looked at him. "I want to go here." Richi took the phone and looked at it. "That's pretty. We might take a pause in Paris." Heiko smiled. "I knew you wanted to go to Paris as well!" Richi lifted his shoulders and looked at him with confusion. "Get in the car, we have a long way to go." Heiko got up from the ground where he was sitting and walked to the car.

They drove off. It was very quiet on the road. Not many cars were driving the direction they were going.  Heiko looked out the window to the different landscapes. Germany has so many different landscaping that sometimes you could mistaken it for another country. Heiko was listening to the music and dozed off a little, until he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He took it out and saw Chris calling him. Heiko picked up the phone while putting it on speaker. He said: "With the Heichi residence." He heard a long silence from the other side and then someone laughing in the background. "Jesus, I was so confused for a second.." he heard chris say. In the background he could hear someone screaming at someone else. "Sounds like fun over there." Said Heiko. Chris laughed. "Always the same isn't it?" "Yes.. so what's up?" "You two already on the road?" "Ofcours! Can't you hear this bad music?" Said Richi. Chris laughed. "good to know.. Do we see each other in Paris? Or are you two directly driving the destination X?" Heiko laughed. Destination x was a term they always used for a place where they would create chaos. So it was very fitting. "We will stop in Paris." Said Richi. "Awesome! Then we see you there in a few hours!" They ended the phone call. Heiko looked at Richi with a childish grin. "Stop.... we are not going to the catacombs. I AM NOT joining you."
Heiko laughed. "You don't have to... But I want to go." Richi sighted and ignored the rest of it.

Richi drove for some hours while Heiko was sitting next to him, reading. "What are you even reading?" Asked Richi after some minutes. "A verst special book." Richi rolled his eyes. "That still doesn't say anything about what book it is." Heiko always took the book covers off, he said they distract from the true story. And he liked that all the books looked "old" when they stand on the shelfs. "I am reading.. " Richi looked over at him. "The kite runner." Richi raised his eyebrows. "I thought you would be reading Winnie the pooh or something." "First of all, it's christopher robin, second of all.. What's wrong with that?" Richi laughed. "Nothing.."

When they came to the border of France, Richi pulled over at a gas station. Heiko was sleeping next to him. He on purposely pushed the brakes extra firm so Heiko would wake up. "Goodmorning!!" He said very loudly. Heiko looked at him with annoyance. "Your time to drive! Bring us to PARIS!" Heiko stretched. "Sure, but first... I need to use the toilet." "Me too. But after that you drive." "SUREEE!" Said Heiko as he got out of the car.

After their break, Heiko sat in the drivers seat, adjusting the hight of the chair. Richi laughed. "You are so small.." "FUCK off." Richi smiled at him. "my time to sleep." "You sure you dare to do that while I drive?" "Good point.." Heiko on purpose put the car in backwards, "oh... Wrong one." Richi looked at him with disappointment, but he couldn't help to laugh.

"To PARIS we go!" Said Heiko as he pushed the gas pedal firmly. Making the car speed up. "I always wonder how you even got your driver license.." Heiko laughed. "Just drive so fast that they can't keep up." Richi laughed. "Don't forget that in France they have SPEEDLIMITS." "What even are speed limits?" Said Heiko jokingly.

When they crossed the border to France, they had to show their passports. "Why do we have to show them.." said Richi. "CORONA" said Heiko. "Right.."
Heiko handed their passports to the guy at the border. He opened them and checked twice to see if it was real. "are..... you..." Heiko raised his eyebrows. "Sorry! But I love your music." Heiko smiled. "Thank you." Said Heiko. The guy gave back their passports. "Can I maybe have an autograph?" He asked. "Sure!" Said Heiko. "NO, Speed! 100km/hour away from here" said Richi jokingly. Heiko shook his head. He took the paper and signed it. Then he gave it to Richi. "What is your name?" Asked Richi" "Jordan". "Dear Jordan, because of you we are late for our meeting." And then he signed it. Here you go. Said he smiling. Jordan laughed. "Thank you so much!" Richi leaned over towards him. "We would appreciate if you won't tell anyone we are in France." "Promised!!" They drove off, greeting Jordan.

"You are such an asshole"
"He loved it. He has a special one now"
Heiko laughed. Speeding up again.

After some hours they reached Paris.
"NOUS VOILÀ!" Said Heiko.
"What?"
"Hier sind wir.."
"Your French is TERRIBLE"

Heiko drove the car to their hotel. when they arrived, The hotel crew was already waiting for them. They opened the doors for Heiko and Richi, someone took out their baggage and someone would park their car. "Living like the french.." Heiko smiled. Richi agreed. They walked into the hotel, checked in and went to their room. Heiko walked straight to the window and opened the curtains. "the eiffel tower!" "Ugly.." said Richi, who laid down on the bed. Heiko looked at him offended. "Asshole." "Romantic things are ugly." "So.. You call yourself ugly?" Asked Heiko as he laid down on the bed next to Richi. "There you got me." Richi said while giving Heiko a kiss on the head. "I am starving." "Me too!" "You are always starving.." Heiko laughed. "Let's see if we can meet the others somewhere for dinner.

Richi called Chris. They would meet at a restaurant in the city center. It was a very luxurious restaurant. No surprise that Chris would have picked this. They had dinner and after that went back to the Hotel. Heiko and Richi were tired from the long drive. Tomorrow they would go into Paris and discover the city.