Complications

Thursday was the day that Heidi went to take humans for feeding. First to feed were the masters so Aro, Caius and Marcus, then the guards. That day Kayla got mad with Demitri because he make out with his prey feeding from her bottom lip.

Luckily Alec didn't the same thing, he just bited her.

I went to Jane's door and knocked.

"Come in"

She was alone.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"I have to ask you something" I said nervous.

"Tell me" she said smiling.

"Remember a week ago when we were playing truth or dare, why you wanted that I kiss that guy, Hunter?"

Jane smiled and said:

"Because I knew my brother would stop you"

"What? How?"

"I'm on this earth more than 300 years, and I know how my brother acts. Really, he's such a different person with you, he used to keep girls as pets for his needs. You know what I mean, but with you is different, you're his mate."

I smiled.

"Thank you Jane"

I hugged her.

"You're welcome"

"I'm happy that you are my brother's soulmate, you make him happy, and I couldn't be more happy for this, he always did the best for make sure that the others don't feel worthless that sometimes he forget about himself" I said to her.

"You don't know how much I had waited for your brother, Spencer makes me feel so alive" she said with dreaming eyes.

"I can just imagine it, Alec told me your story, about how people had been so mean to you guys, I would like to help you somehow and it destroy me to see the pain in Alec's eyes every time he tell this story"

"You shouldn't be sorry and I got my revenge" Jane said calm.

"Thank you Jane"

"Evelyn, are we friends?"

"No Jane"

She looked sad.

"You're my new best friend, my sister."

Her eyes lit up. She hugged me.

"I always wanted a best friend"

"Tomorrow is your birthday, isn't it?"

"Yeah, how do you know it?"

"Spencer told me"

"Oh"

"I'm going to talk with Kayla, see you later"

"Of course"

"You know where Alec is?"

"I have no idea"

I smelt a scent. Chocolate. Spencer.

I out from Jane's room.

"I need your help" my brother said appearing in front of me.

" What?"

"Kayla is torturing me talking about Demitri, and I don't like to read her confused mind, can you please talk with her?"

"At one condition."

"What condition?"

"Between four days is Jane's and Alec's birthday, you will help me to find a present."

"Naturally, I have to take a present to Jane too."

I hugged him.

I knocked at Kayla's door.

"Come in"

"Kayla, can I talk with you for a second?"

"Sure"

Spencer left us alone.

"What's wrong with Demitri?"

"He made out with his pray sucking blood from her bottom lip" she said mad.

"Kayla, that means nothing, he loves you"

"You just say it because I'm your sister and you love me"

"No, I'm saying it because it's true, did he tell you 'I'm sorry'?"

"Yes, thirty times and he also said that it won't happen again"

"Give him a chance"

"I guess, you're right"

"Thank you Evelyn, you always know what is the right thing to do"

We hugged. Then I smelt another scent. Cinnamon. Demitri.

"You can come in Demitri" I said laughing.

He came in and looking into Kayla's eyes said:

"Will you forgive me love?"

She nodded and they kissed and they didn't stop to kissing or making out, they went further, unfortunately, my room was near to Kayla's room, so I could hear everything they did and said, all night. Awkward.

The next day i went to shopping with Jane, we killed some people for feeding, i didn't like what i was, a monster, but i couldn't do nothing. I had so much fun with Jane. That night Aro said that he wanted us to take dance lessons with our partner, for the ball of the next week. But first we had to go a battle, maybe the hardest ever, taking the Romanians down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked it!! I know, it was short but I will update soon, promise.