once

Over the weekend, JJ was with his parents and didn't really get to see Mariposa and her family

Over the weekend, JJ was with his parents and didn't really get to see Mariposa and her family.  When she and Reina pulled into the parking lot and saw him getting out of his own car, she ran at him excitedly like those girls on the first day of school that run at their best friend. "Hi, baby. I missed you." JJ had his arms tightly around her waist, squeezing her body against his own as they stood in front of his black Jeep.

They were in the middle of kissing when Reina walked over with her backpack on and staring at them awkward. "You guys know you saw each other 3 nights ago, right?"

"Hey, that's a long time for them." Olivia commented, walking up behind Reina and throwing her arm around her. "They have a mild case of separation anxiety." She explained. which is what she's been saying for weeks now.

Mariposa from JJ, which he wasn't too happy about, and looked to her best friend and little sister.  "Reina, she's lying."

Reina looked between the three and tilted her head.  "I don't know, the evidence seems to be in front of me.  You should check with the school nurse.  Maybe she'll give you an ice pack." Mariposa looked at her in betrayal as Reina smiled and went to catch up with her other freshmen friends.

The three juniors walked into the school, talking about their weekends and went over to the locker rooms so JJ and Mariposa could drop off their duffle bags.  Olivia, not wanting to stand alone outside like a weirdo, went into the girls locker room with Mariposa.  "Dang it, do you have any tampons?"

"Duh.  Did you forget our periods are in sync like AirPods?"  Olivia shook her head as if Mariposa said the most unbelievable thing ever and started looking through her backpack for her "feminine bag", so she could give her some.  "Oh, I take that back.  I forgot my bag too."

The two sighed and Mariposa tried to think before grabbing Olivia's hand.  "Come, we can go ask JJ."

Olivia followed, but her face was scrunched up in confusion while Mariposa pulled her out of the locker room.  "Does JJ even know what a tampon looks like?"

Mariposa nodded, spotting JJ just across the hallway talking to some football players.  "Yeah, he keeps pads and tampons in his locker sometimes because sometimes I run out or forget mine or Reina needs some."  She explained.  She didn't want to basically announce to all of his friends that she and Olivia were on their periods, but thankfully he spotted them and left his friends.  "Do you still have tampons in your locker?"  She asked quietly, still holding onto Olivia's hand.

"Of course.  I bought more of the ones you use like two weeks ago."  Olivia was speechless, but continued following the couple to JJ's locker.  Behind his books, against the back of his locker, JJ had a small, plain, lavender colored box filled with pads, tampons and baby wipes.  "If you want chocolate, it's up here.  Mari and Na-Na know my combination."