ventinueve

The Combine was basically players and coaches only, so there wasn't any crowds at the scrimmage or any family members there to cheer the guys on

The Combine was basically players and coaches only, so there wasn't any crowds at the scrimmage or any family members there to cheer the guys on.  It was kind of weird because a lot of the players got their energy from crowds cheering them on, whether it be the cheers themselves or the energy in the area, that's how a lot of them did their best.  However, it also wasn't a private thing; anyone walking by could watch from behind the gates or somehow sneak their way onto campus and into the bleachers. From that event, not only was there drama with the guys invited to the Combine, but Spencer's catch somehow managed to put the entire school on the news, again.

Coming back to school the next day, Spencer was basically a celebrity because of how viral the video of him catching the football in the air with one hand had gone. In the morning, JJ had said he had to be at school earlier, some thing about football, so Eladio had to drop off Reina and Mariposa. As usual, the two ended up splitting ways and on her way to her locker, Mariposa spotted Spencer at his. "Spencer! How's the YouTube fame treating you?" She teased lightheartedly.

"I feel like a new man." He played along.

The two let out little chuckles and after a moment of silence, Mariposa broke it. "Hey, can I ask you something? I'd ask jordan but I don't know how much I could trust it."

"Yeah, of course. What's up?"

For just a moment, she went over her question in her head, rethinking whether or not she sounded crazy. "Has JJ been going to the practices?"

"Yeah, coach makes us all go and if we missed any we wouldn't be able to go to the Combine. Everything okay?" He asked. Spencer stopped rummaging around his locker to fully pay attention to Mariposa, genuinely concerned about why she was asking him such a question.

"It's just—Liv said Billy cut back practice so you guys wouldn't be too exhausted for the Combine, but he never told me and I-I just thought maybe you would know what he was doing with all those extra hours? I don't wanna sound like a crazy girlfriend, but I barely saw him last week so I thought Billy was making you guys practice harder, but now I know that's not true."

Mariposa ended did she was saying because in her head she was thinking she was sounding crazy, so she chose to look down at her hands and mess around with the rings her fingers. "I'm sorry, Mari. I really don't know what he was up to. I saw him at practice, but after that I usually went home to rest and do homework. I have no idea what he was doing with all the free time, but if you want I could watch him for you?"

Mariposa looked up to the hallway ceiling, dragging out a deep sigh while squeezing her eyes together. "No, it's fine, I don't want you to do that. I'm really trying not to play into that whole 'crazy Latina girlfriend' stereotype, but I don't know why he's avoiding me and I really don't want to ask because that's such an awkward conversation if it's really nothing, but he's never done this before, but I really don't—"