cuarenta

After the game, the two families, minus Billy, went to the Baker house to celebrate with Jordan

After the game, the two families, minus Billy, went to the Baker house to celebrate with Jordan. Eladio finally got his money from Fabiola and Laura, mainly Laura since he and his wife shared their money. Mariposa and Olivia were together the whole night, but in a different way than usual, which everyone noticed. The only person confused was Jordan because he was the only one to not see them in the bleachers. Even at school, people noticed a shift in their relationship, and how their hand holding, hugs and cheek kisses were different than a week before.

"What's up with them?" JJ asked one day at lunch, nodding across the courtyard to Olivia and Mariposa at their usual lunch table. To most people, it looked normal; Mariposa's Dora lunchbox and Olivia's lunch tray on the table as they sat beside one another. However, from their angle, they could see how Olivia had a leg thrown over Mariposa's thigh and their arms were linked as they ate and watched something on Mariposa's phone.

The rest of the table followed JJ's line of sight, but no one really noticed anything until Jordan spoke up.  "Apparently they were kissing in the bleachers when we won the game. Like borderline make out session in front of everyone." He shrugged, quoting what Reina had told him, continuing to eat while everyone was a little shocked, except JJ who looked annoyed.

At the girls' table, they were watching That's So Raven with Mariposa's Disney+ account, not really paying much attention to everyone else around them.  Mariposa had her head on Olivia's shoulder as she quietly ate the cantaloupe her mom had packed into her lunch box. "Are they still staring at us?"

From the corner of her eye, Mariposa looked to the table of their friends, and JJ, then nodded her head against Olivia's shoulder. "What a bunch of bozos." Mariposa mumbled, her arm that was linked with Olivia's staying attached as she moved her hand to play with the chain around her neck.  "Should we stare back?"  Mariposa lifted her head up to look at Olivia, and because they were basically cuddling just seconds before, their faces were centimeters apart.  "Maybe they'll get scared and stop."

"Do they stare at Coop and Patience like this?"  Mariposa just shrugged and brought her head back down to Olivia's shoulder.  "Just ignore them, keep watching the show."  Olivia muttered, tilting her head to rest on top of Mariposa's.  "Are you still going to Mexico next week?"

"Next week?  We still have school, missy.  I have two weeks until I go to Mexico."  Mariposa sighed dramatically.  "Wanna come with?  I get my own room."  She smiled and started squeezing Olivia's thigh that was still resting over hers. 

Olivia hummed as she tilted her head back, then jumped when Mariposa kissed a ticklish spot on her neck.  "I would love nothing more than to go into your private room, but we're taking a family trip Lake Tahoe."

With her leg still in between both of Mariposa's, Olivia was able to feel her kicking her legs in a mino-tantrum.  "Traitor.  Who am I supposed to make out with so all the boys leave me alone?"