quince

Once the ambulance showed up, they move JJ move so they could break open Mariposa's door and get her out of the car.  Since he wasn't able to hold her hand or be beside her, he dug out his phone, which now had a cracked screen, and called her parents to let them know what had happened.  JJ had no other ride since the car was totaled, so he rode in the back of the ambulance and met her family at the hospital.  The word about the accident somehow traveled, so after the Zavala family showed up in the waiting room, along came the bakers, Layla, and a couple girls from the volleyball team who were closest to Mariposa.

When the Zavala family showed up, JJ stood up from his seat and immediately went up to her parents to tell them how sorry he was.  They were eventually able to calm him down and told him it wasn't his fault, as explained by a paramedic and the driver who crashed into them.  JJ was a wreck, and despite Reina and Jordan sitting beside him comforting him, it wasn't exactly helping, so Casimiro went over to hug him, which halted his leg from bouncing. The 10-year-old was able to calm him down quite a bit, so the two continued to hug while Reina leaned her head against JJs shoulder and Jordan rubbed his back comfortingly.

After a few hours of Mariposa being in surgery, the Bakers went back home with the promise that they'd be returning in the morning to see how Mariposa was doing.  Reina fell asleep against JJ's shoulder, Casimiro fell asleep on his lap, and JJ was just slouched over in the chair with a hoodie between his head and the wall.

A doctor finally came out early in the morning, around 3am, that made JJ wake up.  Fabiola and Eladio were standing up to talk face-to-face with the doctor, but JJ couldn't exactly move without waking one or both of the kids up, so he just stayed sitting in his seat. 

"The good news is that she's not paralyzed.  In the accident, she went into what is called temporary paralysis.  Basically, the car accident was traumatizing and put her in a state of shock, but she is able to move now.  The bad news, is that when the truck hit her side of the car and flipped it over, it broke a lot of bones.  Her right collarbone and right leg are broken, she has two fractured ribs, and she has a little bit of whiplash.  And the gash that she had on her left thigh is stitched up, so she may experience some pain there for a few weeks, but she is okay.  I wouldn't recommend crutches, so she may have to be in a wheelchair and it's going to be a few months before she could do any type of physical activity."

"Is she awake?  Are we able to go see her?"

"Well, she just went back to sleep because she's under a lot of medication.  If you want to go home, get ready and come back, you may have to do less waiting for her to wake up, but you can go see her right now if you would like."

Fabiola and Eladio both turned to JJ who was in between half asleep and awake.  "You can go see her first, mijo.  We'll take them home and come back in a few hours."  Eladio went over to pick up Reina and Fabiola picked Casimiro off of JJ's lap.  Both kids managed to stay asleep, and Fabiola kissed JJ's cheek before she and her husband walked out with their youngest kids after telling him to text the room number when Mariposa woke up. 

The doctor led JJ down the white hallways that smelled purely like medicine and sanitizer to room 247.  The doctor did a little head nod to confirm that this was her room and opened the door to let JJ in before walking away to attend other patients.  Seeing Mariposa on the bed hooked up to wires with casts and bandages all over her body made JJ feel guilty for not listening to her when she said she should have driven, but he was happy that she was at least alive and not paralyzed.  After the side, there was a little couch that JJ was hoping he was more comfortable in the hospital chairs in the waiting room.  After staring at Mariposa's chest rising up and down, JJ walked over to the couch. 

However, before laying down and going back to sleep, Mariposa began to stir before turning her head, which he sighed relief at, and looking at him sitting down.  "Hi Mr. Jesse James Parker."

JJ sighed at the use of his full government name but Mariposa laughed in fatigue.  "I'll let that slide because you have a couple boo boos."  He pulled up a chair beside her and grabbed her left hand, since that was the side not in that much pain.  "How do you feel?"

"Well, I think they gave me enough medicine to put down a horse, so I don't feel anything."  She adjusted her position, not liking that she was laying flat on her back, but she winced at the smallest movement and stopped.  "I don't like it."

× × ×

liked by jordansnotabaker and 38 moremaripozole  bitch i almost died 😹😹😹 wtf that's embarrassing 😹😹🔫view 37 comments baked

maripozole  bitch i almost died 😹😹😹 wtf that's embarrassing 😹😹🔫
view 37 comments
baked.liv  girl what-
baked.liv  it's the laughing emojis for me
parksandjj not funny it was traumatizing 😐
maripozole   to yoU..... call that character development 😈

× × ×

Within a few days, Mariposa was released from the hospital and able to go home with a wheelchair. With her fractured ribs making it painful to maneuver around, and her broken collarbone making it hard to travel from point A to point B, Mariposa had to rely on everyone else to help her. She couldn't even put anything in her lap without the stitches being touched, so she wasn't able to use almost everything except for her hands.  With her car now not being existent, JJ picked up her and Reina in the morning for school.

It was hard for JJ to pick her up out of the wheelchair and put her into the car, just because the places he had to touch were injured, and whenever she flinched, he thought he was hurting her. When they got to the school, Reina held the wheelchair as JJ put Mariposa down with her backpack hanging on the handles.  "Everyone's staring at me."  She whispered to JJ and Reina.  "I feel like a baby."

JJ hunched over to talk to her, preventing her from having to turn around and speak. "You're my baby.  They're only staring at you because you look so good after getting into a car accident."

"Period, almost died, half of your body injured, and you still look like a bad bitch." Reina smiled, looking down at her older sister who was clearly upset by all of the looks of pity she was getting.  However, no matter how much Mariposa annoyed Reina, she did have to admit that with only being able to move one arm, her face was still beat.  "How are you going to leave your classes though?"

"JJ's in two of my classes, Layla's in one, and Liv's in two so I'm making them push me.  And I'll find someone in my other class to push me into the hallway."

The three got to Mariposa's locker and Reina unlocked it to switch out the notebooks, like Mariposa did every morning so she would only have to carry a couple at a time.  "Don't you have a class with Jordan or Asher?"  JJ asked.

"Yeah but they smell weird.  I don't want them to push me."

i nvr been hospitalized but I want to just post something like this 🧍🏽‍♀️ also, I watched episode 2 so if you wanna spoil it, it's in my spam 😼 that's our safe space so ppl that didn't watch yet don't have to hear the spoilers 😼

ima go read those like 50 pages due tomorrow now 🤧

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️