dieciseis

PLS THE ARM VEIN🥵 k bye

School honestly wasn't too bad, especially considering the fact that everyone was treating Mariposa like fine China, so the teachers were going easy on her, and a lot of people were offering to help her get to where she needed to be

School honestly wasn't too bad, especially considering the fact that everyone was treating Mariposa like fine China, so the teachers were going easy on her, and a lot of people were offering to help her get to where she needed to be. Unless she had to type or write something down, she barely lifted a finger. When it was lunchtime, Jordan pushed Mariposa down the hallway to get outside to the courtyard, while she was pouting in her chair, claiming that he smelled like Fritos. "I'm wearing the same cologne as JJ."

"Yeah, but the cologne actually fits JJ."

"You're just biased because you like him."

The two pulled up to a table, instead of the staircase they usually sit in, and where all of their friends were already seated. It's the same group as the beginning of the year, but now Spencer and Olivia had joined them.  Except for JJ because he was still getting his food.  Since it wasn't that heavy, she already had her lunchbox in her lap, but Jordan put it on the table for her so she could just pick out whatever she wanted to eat.  JJ came with his Postmates order a few minutes later, and took a second to laugh at everybody eating the school food.

"Some of us are saving money."

"We live in Beverly Hills, we all have more than enough money compared to normal Americans, especially teenagers. My allowance alone is more than a monthly minimum wage check."

"Your girlfriend works a minimum wage job." Olivia pointed out, looking at Mariposa who was silently eating the taquitos her mom made. "And she brings her own food."

The whole group turned to her and because they were silent, they all heard a loud crunch as she slowly bit into her taquito while eyeing everyone. "Yeah, but she gets allowance and a paycheck." JJ tried to justify. "I'm not eating school food."

"You used to steal food from the cafeteria in freshman year, I ain't forget." Mariposa commented, slightly shaking her head, whiplash and all. 

"I remember that, he stole like 3 cheeseburgers and stuffed them in his pockets like everyone couldn't see them."

The group all started to talk about the times JJ smuggled food out of the cafeteria, giving Spencer vivid memories of JJ stealing extra food and getting caught while he just sat there in silence.

After school, Mariposa wasn't able to go to the volleyball practice, and probably wouldn't be playing for the rest of the season unless they went to state again. All of her injuries take at least six weeks to heal, and after that she'd have to take precautionary measures for a few weeks to not pull some thing again and to get used to being normal.

After having a conversation with her volleyball team and coach, someone took her to the football field where she sat watching the practice and doing homework.  Since the guys were doing drills and plays on the field, Mariposa was talking to the coaches on the sidelines every once in a while, because she didn't like sitting in silence when they were people surrounding her. although, they didn't really talk about much. Once they asked how she was doing and put her under the shaded tent where the water was, they were all just pointing out if someone did something wrong.  The guys took a few water breaks, so since she was sitting right beside the table that held the water, she was able to talk to some of the guys.