dieciocho

Later that week, the Eagles were having a football game against Culver High School

Later that week, the Eagles were having a football game against Culver High School.  because she was still stuck in a wheelchair, Mariposa wasn't able to sit in the middle with her family like she usually does, so for the first time since they started attending the games, they all sat at the bottom. It was a little weird because they were all used to being able to see the entire field during the game, but Casimiro was loving it because there weren't people in front of him blocking the field. At one point, he even ran down the steps to go directly to the gate that split the bleachers from the track and cheer JJ on.

Even from her wheelchair on the bleachers, Mariposa's could see the tension between jordan and Asher. Maybe it was because she knew Jordan basically as well as she knew Olivia, but there was definitely something wrong with them. Whatever was going on was shown through the passes because Jordan either wouldn't throw to him or when he did throw to him it wouldn't be a good pass. Mariposa thought that Asher almost died at one point, but everyone left the game perfectly fine. Sore, but perfectly fine.

It took longer for Mariposa to get to the field, because the wheelchair ramp was only on the sides, so she had to go around. Her and her family met up with JJ, as usual, and he greeted them as he usually does, except he didn't pick up Mariposa. He told them he planned to go to the café to do the Muy Fuego wing challenge, which he had gotten a lot better at pronouncing, before running to the locker room to change. It technically was a family restaurant, so Eladio and Fabiola didn't see why the whole family didn't go. Plus, Casimiro said he wanted to dip his chicken fingers in the sauce from JJ's wings, so the whole family was going.

Once JJ has showered and changed into fresh clothes, he walked out of the locker room with a bunch of teammates to meet up with the Zavala family in the parking lot. Mariposa and Reina were going to be riding with him, and Casimiro was going to be riding with his parents, so they all arrived and entered the cafe at the same time. JJ was going to wait for his teammates to meet him up there, so the Zavala family ordered their food and went to a table off to the side. The team didn't arrive that much later, so JJ ordered his wings and waited at a table with everyone else. He was standing up because he said it helped him eat the food faster, but beside him sat Mariposa and beside her where her two siblings and then the Baker twins.

"That cannot be good for his stomach." Mariposa commented while shaking her head. JJs spice tolerance wasn't bad, it had definitely built up since he started dating her and going to her house for dinner, but he was pretty much inhaling the hot wings. He was only about three wings in when his lips started turning red and he started sweating, but he kept going.

Being very intrigued by the whole scene, Casimiro finally dipped his chicken tender into the sauce before his sisters could stop him and bit into it. "Ay Dios mío, qué es eso?! Quién come esto?!" Reina covered her mouth in shock as she tried not to laugh, while Mariposa stole somebody's water and shoved it to her little brother. Casimiro started chugging, briefly taking the attention off of JJ before he stole somebody else's drink while they were preoccupied with telling JJ to keep going.