cuarenta y uno

After the State Championship game, the last few weeks of school flew by exceptionally fast

After the State Championship game, the last few weeks of school flew by exceptionally fast. With the focus no longer being on practices or planning things around the games, everyone was focused on studying for the finals and finalizing plans for winter break. The Bakers, minus Billy, were all packed up for their Lake Tahoe trip, the Zavalas were more of last minute packers, but their passports and family in Mexico were prepared. JJ was going somewhere in Europe and meeting up with his parents, Layla was still undecided and Spencer was staying in Crenshaw. In other words, everyone would be split up all winter until the last week for the anual beach party.

On the last day of school, since it was a half day, everyone was ready to leave the city for their yachts and resorts.  Mariposa was in art class and since their final was just building a portfolio throughout the semester, everyone was just hanging out for the hour.  Being the popular girl she was, Mariposa and another group of four where sitting together watching a movie on someone's laptop while eating snacks.  Despite the short day, Fabiola still packed everyone a lunch, so Mariposa had a bag full of food and some people had brought their own snacks for the entire class. 

Minutes before the bell rang, everyone was packed up and staring intensely at the clock or their phones, because some kids couldn't tell time on the normal clock.  When the bell rang, everyone practically sprinted out, bidding goodbyes to the teacher, who was napping, and cheering into the hallways.  Mariposa skipped across the school to Olivia's locker and upon spotting her girlfriend, she maneuvered through the crowd to wrap Olivia in a hug, one arm around her shoulders and the other around her waist.

"I'm ready for our brunch."  Mariposa grinned, kissing Olivia's shoulder with excitement.  "Reina's meeting us in the parking lot and Casi gets out of school in 10 minutes."

Olivia closed her locker once her bag was practically empty, and turned to Mariposa with her eyebrows furrowed.  "I thought we were going to your house to pack.  All you have in your suitcase in five bathing suits."

"We don't leave for another two days, I have plenty of time."  Mariposa groaned, keeping her arm around Olivia's shoulders as they started making their way to the exit to the student parking lot. Even with them walking, Olivia stared curiously at Mariposa until she caved. "Fine, we cam pack after we have our brunch."

"Do you have any snacks left in your lunchbox?" Olivia asked, glancing down to the Dora lunchbox her girlfriend was swinging around. Even though they were all going out to eat, she hasn't eaten since breakfast and wouldn't be eating for about another hour.

"I have goldfish and tiny cookies that you can have in the car."

As the two approached Mariposa's Tesla, she pressed the button on the key that opened up the backseat doors, lifting them up into the air and making the car hard to miss. "Show off." Reina called out from behind the two, following them to the car. Mariposa opening the doors that way made it that much easier to find the car.