veinticuatro

JJ and Mariposa had already planned to sleepover at his house after the dance no matter what, so the two put on a movie and laid in his bed after a shared shower, only to pass out before the movie ended. The game wasn't until around nighttime, as it usually is, so Mariposa spent time trying to get JJ his mind off of the game.  The two had somehow migrated to the café that they always hang out at, and saw everybody.  Jordan and Ripley were at one table, Olivia and Leila were at another table on the opposite side of the café, and Asher was walking out of the bathroom.  At the sight of Asher, JJ let go of Mariposa's hand, once she sat down at a table, and marched in his direction.

However, Jordan noticed this and quickly left the conversation he was having with Ripley to act as a barrier in between JJ's hands and Asher's face. "Jordan get out of the way, this has nothing to do with you."

"As your captain, I can't let you get in trouble right before the game. You're the best linebacker we have, man." Jordan said, trying to get JJ to back down before he ended up in the same position as Asher.

"And as the best linebacker on the team, I want to beat his face in, so move."

Asher looked between the two football players that were taller than him, and shook his head.  "JJ, calm down. We're bros, it's not that serious, I was drunk off my ass last night."

JJ's head snapped from Jordan to look at Asher in disbelief, his fists clenching by his sides.  "Not that serious?  You aired out my girlfriend's problems in front of the whole fucking school and chaperone team, knowing she didn't want people to know about it.  You think I'd just let you disrespect her without any follow up?"

Jordan was looking in between the two, he wasn't at the dance when that happened, but he did hear about it from everybody.  Noticing that Jordan was distracted and had eased up, JJ lunged at Asher and got one solid punch in before Jordan hooked his arms around him dragged him back a good 10 feet.  Mariposa was sitting at a table looking over the menu, but the punch had gotten the entire building's attention, so everybody including her was looking at the scene.  Not wanting the cops to get called on them, Mariposa had stood up and started walking over to JJ who was still having trouble calming down and yelling at Asher about how he was a "little bitch".

"JJ, calm down, man.  He's not worth it.  Think about the game tonight."  Asher kind of took offense to what Jordan had just told JJ, but neither one of them seemed to care since both of them were mad at him; JJ for his girlfriend and Jordan for his little sister. 

The café was a popular hangout spot for Beverly high, so there was more than one football player there, and one of them had tried to help Jordan with restraining JJ.  After a few seconds, he had stopped trying to get their hands off of him, but he was still glaring at Asher who was now holding his cheek in pain.  Mariposa had walked up behind him and wrapped an arm around his waist, telling the guys that she would take him.  "I'll see you after the game tonight, Adams."  JJ called out.

JJ had let Mariposa drag him out of the café, and the people inside it had slowly started to go back to what they were doing.  Since they still had so much time before the game, the couple decided to go back to Clyde's diner and eat there where they wouldn't have to see Asher.

"There's my favorite customers!" Clyde exclaimed with a little clap. "JJ, I took your advice about the hot wings, so we're planning to start selling them next week, but should we have different levels of spice?"

× × ×