60.

author note: a new love interest coming your way❤️❤️ I wonder if you can figure out who it would be...

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

next day....

I just stare at Antonio as hes lighting the papers on fire.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I yell.

"I can't I'm sorry Odina." He just burns all my fathers files.

"Antonio!" I scream.

"This stuff will get you killed. Your father wasn't a good man. He died with debts and enemies. Hundreds of people wanting him dead. You mom didn't know half the stuff. Even if he isn't truly your father...his blood never really ran to lead. I'm your brother and you can hate me but you can carry on his enemies. You're still fresh in leading. There will be inavaisons or attacks and people you love will start dying if you know too much. Your father was smart and tactile. You need to be smart too."

"But this...this isn't getting you anywhere other then six feet deep." He points out.

"Do you know more about it?"

"No. I know as much as you do but we won't talk about this again. You tell Luca you didn't find anything. "

"I—"

"He's going to kill davina Odina...think about it. As much as he loves you. Like the note said. The family doesn't care."

.....

I go down into the little warehouse thing my dad spent a lot of time in other then his office.

Antonio clearly didn't think straight and I had to fake care.

My dad is smart.

Smart enough to keep copies of everything. I go into his smaller and more dimmed office.

I lose the door and go into the files again starting to read everything.

Everything. Every time menu my father has made and contracts He's made.

.....

I call Lorenzo again.

"Search Santis....just the word Santis. Maybe there will be more luck. Track...everything." I state and he just says a simple 'okay' before the call goes off.

Santis. They never went by there first name.

They're a gang. And they all had the same last name. Even if they weren't related. They never went out of the order.

One of them killed Lucas father. My dad went against the Italian mafia and was going to marry me off to someone else.

And no one knew. It was his plan. But he never actually got to it. Maybe because he knew better. Or got scared.

I'm happy to see my dad dealt with most people he was very problematic though. Owing so many people millions. Just killing and torturing. Contracts to keep peace.

Davina knows Luca well then. Because they were probably doing business.

Something is not adding up.

I put my hair back in a bun and just sit on the desk table.

Is the boy dead? If he's not where the fuck would he be.

𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I place my hand on the side of davinas place just looking at her.

It'll be okay princess. I will never let someone hurt you.

I don't think I've seen her since she was four. I stayed my distance because I can't come out yet. That dick thought he killed me.

I trust Odina. She will do the right thing:

Luca is pathetic.

Odina is beyond gorgeous. And I wish I wasn't so stupid. Davina is smart though and she knows it'll always be family over everything.

So I'm praying she won't choose either those Dante's or Ariette's.

I'm going to murder Luca myself.

He thinks that he can just touch my own kid.

I think the day he dies is the day I will be mire then happy.

He's a phony and missed his shot.

Whose necklace?

I just stare at the gold heart necklace around her neck. I've seen it before...on Odina.

"I love you." I whisper.

Placing my hand on the side of her neck looking at the crescent tattoo on her neck. Every Santis has it but no one has figured it out yet.

𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

As soon as I feel him close the door I hear some gunshots knowing it's from him.

I open my eyes and sit up on the head board.

I knew he wasn't dead.

I felt him put something under the pillow.

It's been three days since Luca showed up. Yes I was scared and he just killed the only old women I liked.

Odina hasn't came in almost two weeks and I hate it.

I feel like I can't trust anyone.

I take the small note and read it.

'Trust Odina. Only her davina.'

That's all it says.

I look around the room and when I put my hand on my neck the necklace is gone.

No.

I search the bed...then find myself searching the whole apartment but it's gone.

Where would it go?