chapter 11

I rolled off Johnny as quickly as I could, but I knew I was to late.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" Pony laughed, slamming the door quickly. I felt all the color from my face drain as I turned to Johnny who was laughing as well.

"Its not funny!" I said shaking Johnny as I started to crack a smile. The smile quickly turned into me laughing too, unable to keep it in.

"We really need to find a better place to do this." Johnny said in between laughs. I giggled with him trying my best to calm down but I just couldn't. I felt a sense of something new rush over me. Everything seemed so vibrant and surreal. I finally felt happy.

Maybe Pony ruined the kiss, but definitely not the moment. Now I was laughing with Johnnycakes after kissing him, knowing he liked me back. It had been a long time since I felt real joy, and it was better then amazing.

"Lets get out here before Pony thinks something else is happening," I said when we finally stopped laughing, planting a kiss on his cheek and heading for the door. He jumped up off the bed, a smile on his face. I loved seeming him smile, it was adorable.

When we headed into the kitchen, it was not just Pony and Dally in there anymore, but the whole gang except Darry. Everyone shot us a look as we separated off to different seats at the table, hoping to make this whole thing less awkward.

I eyed Ponyboy once again, trying to ask him silently if he told anyone about what he just saw. He just laughed at me and shook his head, locking his lips with his hands, throwing the fake key. I repeated the same motion back to him and rolled my eyes. I knew tonight he would ask a lot of questions. A lot.

"How was it in there?" Steve laughed. Oh great, here come the jokes. "Steamy?"

Johnny and I's faces burned red as we brushed it off. He had no idea we had actually just made out, which made it ten times worse for us to stay serious.

"You're the worst Steve," I said, getting up from the table to grab my glass of water off the counter. He laughed while Soda shot me a wink, I swear these boys were going to be the end of me.

"Never mind you shit head," Dallas started as he slapped the back of my head coming into the kitchen. "I'm taking Johnny and Pony to the drive in tonight, anyone else coming?"

"Thanks for the invite asshole, i'll be there." I said back rolling my eyes. I knew he was closer to Johnny then anyone else, but if he had already invited Pony, the least he could do was mention it to me. I mean he did now, so I wasn't really mad.

"Steve, Two and I are heading into town tonight, just fooling around. Count us out, and don't you tell Darry. He already said we couldn't." Soda said with his wild smile.

We all moved to the living room, opening up the cards to play some poker. Johnny sat next to me, offering me a few weeds to bet knowing I don't smoke any. He reached his hand out to give me the cigarettes, and as he did his fingers brushed mine.

My face grew slightly warm and I shifted my eyes to meet his. He was smiling down at me, his face blushed as well. I smiled back up at him and giggled slightly. I didn't really know what we were, but I liked it. I liked it a whole lot.

"Get it together love birds, are you playing or not?" Two said tossing us each some cards. Johnny and I moved away from each other instantly, blushing even harder. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, picking up my cards to start the game.

..........

"Don't you go telling Darry I swear!" Steve said as he grabbed the hat off Soda's head, placing it own his own. Soda swatted his arms at him as he tied up his dirty while Converse.