chapter 33

Two had already wondered off to the bar within seconds of getting inside, and before we knew it Steve and Soda turned to head off too.

"Don't have to much fun kid." Soda said to Pony while rubbing his knuckles into his head. Pony pushed his hand off before Steve and Soda disappeared into the mess of people.

My hand was still wrapped tightly around Johnny's while I used the other to brush a piece of hair out of me face.

"Well?" Pony asked, crossing his arms over the front of his chest. "What are we waiting for, let's go!"

I turned my head back to Johnny who shrugged his shoulders before following me and Pony off towards the bar.

"You want anything?" I asked the two boys, letting go of Johnny's hand as I used it to lean on the bar behind me.

They looked at me, then to each other before turning back and nodding their heads.

I ordered everyone one beer to start, though I wanted a shot but I knew that would lead to more and nothing good, so I settled for what I could.

"It's packed in here tonight, I mean really packed." Johnny said loudly over the music.

"I know, god knows who we'll find in here." I smirked back, earning a grin from both the boys.

Our drinks came out from the bar quickly, so we grabbed them and headed out into the room around us.

People making out in the corner. People playing cards on the table by the door. Two bit talking to some blonde by the stairs. We settled on hanging out by a large group of people in the middle of the room, all talking amongst themselves.

"Johnnycakes your right, there's a million people in here." I said into his ear, taking a large sip of my drink before I spoke again. "Maybe we could find some chick for Pony."

"I heard that." Pony said back, rolling his eyes. He brought his beer to his lips, taking back a small sip before closing his eyes tightly to swallow.

"But seriously," Johnny started again, pointing his glass at Pony. "Go find some cute girl, talk to her. You're never at party's like this, now is your chance."

Johnny nudged his shoulder into Pony, sending him back a bit, right into whoever was behind him, spilling her drink. The girl turned around, her blue eyes shinning in the red lights that lined the room.

"Sorry," Pony said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. He didn't say anything else for a second, so I did him a big favor and kicked the back of his leg real hard, making his body twitch slightly.

"Let me buy you another," Pony added quickly, smiling at the pretty girl. She looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders before heading right over towards the bar. Pony looked back at us all worried, but Johnny threw him a wink, sending him after the girl even faster.

"Good for him," I laughed, turning my head back to Johnny. "A 14 year old buying a god knows how old girl a drink. This should be interesting."

Johnny rolled his eyes, taking a big sip of his drink before speaking back. "Let him go, I doubt he'll see her again after tonight anyway."

The rest of the night was uneventful, yet the most fun I had had in weeks. All Johnny and I did was talk to random people about the weirdest stuff while we drank then drank a little more. It was so nice to see him finally loosen up a bit, he seemed the most like himself he had been in a long time.

"There they are!" I said, pointing my finger to the corner of the room, tugging on Johnny's shirt. He followed my finger over to Steve and Soda who were talking to some tall long haired man.