chapter 29

*a week later*

"I think it's a great idea, we haven't had any time alone all week!" I whined to Johnny from across the table.

After spending most of our week at school and with the whole gang taking care of Pony, all I wanted was to spend some time out with Johnny, just him and I.

Pony was getting better now, and didn't really need Johnny and I to sit by his side and talk to him 24/7. It must have just been the initial shock that had him all screwed up for the first few days.

"I really want to Racey but," Johnny paused, scratching his eyebrow. "I haven't been to my house in a while and I thought tonight I should-"

"No," I cut him off eagerly, standing up from my chair slightly. "You're not going back there. Are you serious?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe, pressing his hands into the table.

"I have to their my parents." He mumbled.

"Can't you just go and then come to the lot after, we could just hang out there?" I asked, sitting back down and relaxing slightly. I guess I wasn't the best when it came to the parent topic, but all I wanted was for Johnny to not be screwed up the next time I saw him.

He paused a moment before opening his mouth to answer, but closed it and thought again.

"Fine," He said, letting out a big breathe. "But only because it's you."

My smile grew as his did, before I stood up and ran behind his chair to give him a hug.

"Don't get into to much trouble with them Johnnycakes." I sighed as I took his hand to pull him out of his chair.

"I won't be their long, everything will be fine." Johnny smiled again, standing up and wrapping his fingers around my hand he held.

We stood there for a moment, just looking at each other before I leaned up towards him, closing my eyes slowly.

Soon enough the familiar feeling of his lips against mine appeared again. We moved in sync slowly before he started to pull away, but I moved in more, keeping our lips locked.

It felt like I hadn't kissed him in forever, especially like this. He pressed his lips back down to mine, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear with his free hand. The kissed stayed slow and passionate, but still felt amazing.

All I wanted to do was kiss him, just like this all the time. The feeling of his lips on mine, his hand in my hair, the butterfly's in my stomach-

"Get in here Steve!" I heard Soda yell from behind me. I pulled away quickly, keeping my hand connected with Johnny's.

I rolled my eyes as Steve rushed into the room, jumping next to Soda quickly.

"Really?" I said, bitting my lip and turning to Johnny who's face was turning pink. "Do you have nothing better to do?"

"I'm sure Darry would love to hear about this, you know how strict he is with this type of stuff." Steve laughed, ignoring my question.

"Oh my god. We were kissing, big deal." I said, raising my eyebrows. Soda laughed with Steve, nudging him on the shoulder.

"I know Sodas done worse with girls in here," Johnny giggled as Sodas cheeks filled with blush.

Steve rolled his eyes, flipping Johnny and I off before grabbing Sodas shoulder and turning them both away.

"Well continue on, we won't stop you." Soda snickered as Steve and him started walking back down the hall.

I dug my head into Johnny's chest as soon as they left, laughing to myself.