i. how life works

˖◛⁺

Strong willed and quick witted

Strong willed and quick witted. Those were the two easiest words to describe the only female Astor, other than incredibly beautiful of-course, which she was made self aware long long ago as self involved as that may sound.

wouldn't you agree to say she is pretty? if yeah, then her point exactly.

with her influence and power, Xia was an overly blessed child or to remove the flowery words-- she was rotten spoiled ever since she was a child. she had a golden spoon shoved up her ass the moment she was born, not literally but ironically.. you know what i mean, shoving a spoon up a child's ass is unnecessary and borderline child abuse... that's not the point, anyways!

growing up wasn't as easy as others would've imagined it be, an emotionally distant father at first and a brother with an ice cold personality. the family at the beginning was very distant and wasn't as warm and close from how they are now, they were actually far from close.

after Xia was born following the mistress's death, it affected the family hard.

It felt like the ice king made his permanent residency in the place they called their own home for the first few months after her death.

coldness isn't really the best thing to have for a place you reside permanently in especially for a child yearning for affection.

just like how the unfair life fated it, Yelena Astor the loving wife of Winter Astor died a peaceful death after giving birth of her second born daughter Xia Astor.

painfully, she held a genuine smile on her face as permanent darkness took over her while her husband cried in devastation with a precious child in his arm, baby Xia cooed adoringly unaware of the pain that had just happened.

Just as the two father-son duo they wouldn't recover of this, Xia lightened up their world.

being the light through the tunnel itself, her smile being the redemption and help through the heartbreaking grief.

and slowly, the two recovered with the unaware help of Xia. it was then, Xia had the protection no one else had, the two men determined to keep the only woman Astor left safe.

depsite the death of her mother, Xia never once felt any kind of resentment from both her father and brother. at childhood her brother was even less unbothered and slightly cold than he is now as, shocking as that may sound.

she could remember being young and forcing her brother to play with her in their humongous garden that she'd often reside in and spend her plays in since the place was overly large enough for anything she could ever desire to do.

those things included, a playground, a pool, and tea sets set perfectly for a princess. It wasn't a joke when said that, Winter Dion gave anything Xia wanted to have and with the money they got, that wasn't such a difficult task.