viii. deja vu

˖◛⁺

Deja vu is a funny feeling

Deja vu is a funny feeling. quite amazing if you think about it, it shows how this universe can be so complex and tricky. We will always be fated to go back to wherever we need to be no matter how hard we try to prevent it.

if something is meant to happen then, it will always happen.

it might sound silly but Xia believes in destiny snd divine intervention. she believes things are destined to happen, no matter how heavy the things might be or how devastating it is, its meant to happen because that's how life is.

just like how things are meant to happen— events are meant to happen. destiny.

which is why she couldn't help but feel the feelings of deja vu and slight thought of destiny as she entered the a near hotel pub seeing Huaze Lei seated on one of the bar chair downing another drink of what she guesses as one of the many he already had.

Xia frowned worriedly seeing him drinking a bit too much, he wasn't even the type to be drinking alcohol at all.

she frowned at this tilting her head slightly in curiosity before strutting to the seat beside him not bothering to greet him or let her presence be known vocally.

"vodka on the rocks" Xia ordered politely to the bartender nearby in which he made quickly. waiting patiently, the drink was placed right in front of her as she drank it all down quickly and asking for another just as quick.

"drinking is an unhealthy hobby," a voice stated right beside her. she didn't bother to turn to see who said for she knew that voice too well to know whoever it was.

this felt all too familiar. the situation was too similar and she wasn't sure how to feel about it.

"for someone who just continuously downed five glasses of whiskey— saying that makes you sound like a narcissist Lei." Xia raised her brows at Huaze Lei and she turns her chair facing his body.

he only looks at her in amusement. "bold of you to assume the amount of alcohol i've consumed"

Xia only scoffed at him glancing at the bartender who smirks at her only much more confirming her suspicions. he was much more annoying than she thought he'd be but she was entertained so she'll let this pass.

Xia felt challenged to prove her point right and oh is she gonna do shit to prove it right. "your hair is ruffled and your polo shirt is already three buttons opened, and judging by the bartenders face if it isn't five then you still would've had a lot more than normal."

Huaze Lei watched in a quiet surprise as Xia only smuggly downed her second glass. She was good at making her point, even greater in drinking.

he chuckled at her face. "still— i didn't drink all of them that fast" he pointed at her empty glass that the bartender just refilled, now on her 3rd glass shot in one sitting.