vii. let's talk.

˖◛⁺

Delicate touch of curls slowly showing as xia carefully held the hot curling iron on her right hand and jing's generous amount of hair held softly on her other hand

she was swift yet clean of her work and as it went on, she felt proud of how good it looked.

It was Jing's birthday party, the event of the year and definitely the current talk of the country. It was obvious that jing's family spent more than a dime for this evening just like they do every year for their girl.

yet Xia found herself helping the girl get ready personally as if she couldn't have easily just called the best makeup and hairdressers in the country to do so.

Xia's sleep was abruptly disturbed when her cell rang in the morning— she really wanted to just ignore the call as her sleep was calling her in a great melody that even a gangster would not ignore.

her body betrays anyways when she answered it to know it was the birthday girl. she ended up greeting Jing in a dull manner before Jing went on with her saying they should get ready for the party together so they could "enjoy" the glory together.

Xia thought it would be them in a room with people payed to help them both and but no.

the two sat alone on the wide room helping each other with fixing their own appearances the best ways they did, as surprising as it may it was ending quite faster than xia thought it would be and they both looked spectacular even better than they would've with payed artists to paint their faces.

she couldn't even complain. it was a lot of fun doing everything with her, they talked and laughed a lot she was sure people outside heared them both.

Xia averted her attention from fixing Jing's hair to her completely when she heared a deep sigh slipping from her mouth.

"what's wrong birthday girl" she asked worry lacing through her voice.

Jing met Xia's worried expression through the mirror saying nothing to answer her question yet her look held so much emotions.

she hesitates. "nothing.. just—" Xia raised both her brows as she waits for Jing to continue. "it's nothing" she settles with herself.

Xia for a moment pauses but then ends up just nodding her head understandingly. she didn't want to force her, she should be the last person to be forcing a person to open up especially when she's worst at doing so.

her hand kept in bay as she finishes up with Jing just finishing up last details.

A satisfied snile crept up her face seeing the final product of her hard work suddenly feeling extremely satisfied of it.

Jing smiled gratefully. "Thank you for doing this, Xia." her voice was soft and her eyes was affectionate as they talked.

"No problem" Xia dismisses her and presses a kiss on her cheek as they heared Jing's party coordinator call for her to get ready for her grand entrance.