Almost There

Greyson P.O.V.

"Mate" growled out both me and Jace upon seeing the girl on the swings.

"What the actual fuck Victor, what about Jace then," I asked Victor, practically screaming inside my own head.

"You have more than one mate, get over it" replied Victor nonchalantly, practically drooling over the girl.

"Get over it? What the fuck man, 2 MATES!!"

"Go talk to her Greyson please, want to talk to mate"

I turned to Jace whose eyes were dazed, meaning that he was talking to his wolf too, he must be really nervous as he was biting his bottom lip. Even though I should not encourage his lip-biting practices, he looked so cute when he did, made me think of all that I wanted to do.... stop Greyson, bad Greyson.

I then looked at the mysterious girl, who was looking at me, us with so much doubt in her eyes. I'd be confused too if two men came up to me and shouted mate. 

"Alpha, Beta," said the girl, her voice sounded so smooth like velvet; proceeding with showing us her neck in submission, common practice in the pack. She looked almost scared then as if she'd screwed up somehow, coming on the Alpha's radar, which angered Victor, who then threw another one of his temper tantrums, been with this dude for 1 day and he already makes me wanna fall into an industrial shredder.

"What's your name," I asked trying not to let my Alpha voice out and further scare her.

"Ella", she replied while avoiding eye contact with us.

Ella, that's a beautiful name, I thought to myself.

"Why weren't you present at the awakening today, Ella," asked Jace, probably feeling just as giddy as I was.

"I'm 17 Beta, I'll be attending the next awakening" she replied rather meekly, staring at the ground scattered with pebbles.

Oh, she's 17, she probably doesn't feel any attraction of the mate bond towards us yet. 

Jace was looking at me, asking with his eyes, " Do we tell her or do we wait for her to feel the bond on her own?"

"Ella I expect an audience with you tomorrow at my office," I said, not wanting to spook her by spurting it all out on her at once.

"Okay, Alpha", she said with a shaky voice.

"Don't worry Ella, you're not in trouble, just be there tomorrow", said Jace with a slight smile, sensing her discomfort and attempting to console her.

She nodded her head and took it as her cue to leave; she half ran- half jogged her way out of the park leaving me and Jace alone.

"Really? another mate? what's moon goddess on?" I asked Jace.

He just shrugged, too occupied with his thoughts to respond to me.

We once again left for my house, which was only a 5-minute walk at this point.

I opened the door for Jace and he came in, we were gonna head to my room and talk about this without prying ears hearing us since my room was soundproofed. We were gonna head up the stairs when I heard my mom's voice calling at us, "Is that, you Grey?"

Any normal wolf would be able to recognize someone by their scent but my mom was human so she called out to me.

"Yeh, mom?"

"Are you home already? did you find your mate? Who is she?" she asked coming out of the kitchen.

She came out of the kitchen in her apron, probably cooking something special for today, and saw me and Jace heading up. She looked at us confused and said, "You boys are supposed to be with your mates today, not with each other! You two have been inseparable since kindergarten, go spend some time with your mates and not go upstairs to play those damn games with each other." scolding us. 

"Hey, Mrs. Black," said Jace, leaving it to me to tell her.

"Ma, um- um well," I said trying to tell her but kept stuttering, WHAT IS UP WITH ME TODAY.

"Grey, baby what is it", she asked looking concerned.

I decided to just spit it out instead of beating around the bush, "Ma, Jace is my mate and there is also another girl who's our mate"

A look washed over her face that I couldn't identify, was she mad?

"Oh, well I don't know if this is normal since I'm not a wolf, but you do what makes you happy baby; also I'm really happy Jace is your mate, he's the only one who'd put up with you," she said with kindness and a smile on her face.

Both I and Jace lightened up at that, I can strangely already feel some of his emotions. Mom came up to us and pulled us both into a hug, us having to bend down because of her short height.

I looked at Jace and he was smiling, he looked so beautiful doing that and made my smile grow even more. Ma pulled away and we both turned to head upstairs.

"Hey, no funny stuff up there you two" screamed mom while we were climbing upstairs.

"MA!!", I screamed back at her, she was probably trying to embarrass me; and we entered my room.

We both took a seat on my bed and Jace started, "What about Ella? are we gonna tell her tomorrow?"

I nodded in response and said, "Yep, I don't think I can go a whole year without my mate"

"And the pack? will they accept?" he asked, voice full of worry.

"Jacey, I'm the Alpha of the pack, you're the Beta; the pack will accept"

"Alright, we still have some time before the shift, what do you wanna do", he asked.

"Ma has some dinner prepared for us, we'll leave after that", I responded.

He just nodded and slouched back on the bed, arms under his head; he had been to my room a million times so he wasn't shy about using it.

His position offered me a great view of his body, his toned body pressing against his tight shirt; he was the Beta of the pack so he was ridiculously strong and frightening, but he was cute in my eyes. I was happily eyeing his body when his eyes caught mine, he probably noticed me gawking at him and he turned his head the other way, his cheeks crimson.

He looked downright angelic in the mild evening light, his hair messed up and his eyes exhausted. I cupped his cheek with one hand and just stared into his blue orbs, never having felt more peaceful before, he smile at me and my knees were jelly even though I was sitting. The direct skin contact felt like currents of heat flowing through us, delightful.

"You look so beautiful Jacey", these words escaped my mouth even before I could think about them; and I lied down on the bed next to him.

He blushed even more and bit his lip and again, too flustered to make eye contact; I'd been friends with him all my life but I'd never once seen him so flustered, so red, so vulnerable; I loved every part of it.

I slowly brought my face close to his, our noses touching, my hand still cupping his face and we were staring into each other's eyes. Victor was doing summersaults in my head and I could sense Jace's wolf too.

Just then when things were about to get exciting, mom called us down for dinner. 

I was about to kiss my mate and my own mother cockblocked me, the sheer betrayal.

a/n

helu readers, A very happy new year to you guys, and hope you have a great one.

please don't forget to vote on the book and interact, please try to comment since that gives me a lot of motivation to continue writing.

thanks and stay hooked for more.

o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

The Mated Fourजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें