Betrayal

Ella P.O.V.

Children, damn children, that's what these three guys have been acting like. Jace's and Grey's childhood friend Caleb was here, the blond-haired and dark-eyed guy had turned my mates back to kids- not that I had anything against it, they looked cute. We were sitting in Jace's living room as they caught up to each other.

"so no mate yet?", asked Jace to Caleb.

"Nah, not yet", replied Caleb in a nonchalant tone.

"hmm, I see. How was drifting?", asked Grey

"The best thing man, really gets me a chance to roam and I don't know- be free?", Caleb replied as he ran a hand through his hair.

"You were perfectly free here asshole", said Jace sassily making me chuckle lightly.

"Not from your stupid fucking jokes, I was not", said Caleb equally sassily earing a grumble from Jace while Grey and I laughed.

"Goddess, I still can't believe you both are mates, now that I think about the signs were all there, we just never paid attention to them",  said Caleb.

"There were no signs- were there?", said Grey in an unsure tone.

"Whenever we had sleepovers, you both ALWAYS slept on the same bed, even if there was extra room- SIGN OF BEING MATES I THINK", retorted Caleb.

"no- we just-", Jace said as he stopped to think for a second and said in defeat, "fine, there were signs".

Then all of a sudden there was a sharp knock at the door, followed by another panicked knock which made Grey growl out in annoyance. Jace went up to the door and unlocked it to reveal a very panicked and shaking warrior standing at the door.

"What is it?", asked Jace, addressing the panicked warrior.

"Alpha, Beta, There's been another attack, near the southern border", he blurted out as he looked at them.

"South border?", asked Grey with a raised brow.

It was so surprising that our Southern border was attacked because we shared the south border with 'The Banes', who were supposed to be a friendly pack? We made a peace treaty with them many years ago, so have they broken the treaty? That was against the laws, werewolves may be an aggressive species, but we still respect the laws of nature and wolves, and they just violated it. This was grounds for war even with the banes, along with the already ongoing war with the howlers. Now we not only had to protect the eastern borders, which we shared with the howlers, but also the South borders which we share with the Banes.

 Now we not only had to protect the eastern borders, which we shared with the howlers, but also the South borders which we share with the Banes

"Yes Alpha the south border, the banes have betrayed", said the warrior.

"The ranks are there?", asked Jace.

"Some- not all", the warrior replied.

"What the fuck are we waiting for then, Get them there NOW", growled out Grey in his Alpha voice which further scared the trembling warrior, and honestly even made me want to bow my head in submission even if it wasn't directed towards me.