A Fairy-Tale House

Camille P.O.V.

I walked up to the fairy tale house from my childhood dreams, layered with vines and other flora that didn't use to be there, but I guess it has been pretty long after all. It certainly is going to be an experience, talking to her now.

Using my hearing, I could determine that she was here, after all, screw it I'm just gonna go for it. I walk up to the pine door and knocked twice. No response.

Soon enough the door opened up on its own with a creek, menacingly, exposing the interior of the house I used to spend hours in as a child. Still the same as I remember, surprisingly modern for an old woman like her.

I saw Jace's eyes wandering, quickly trying to take in every detail of this place foreign to him, focusing truly does make him look adorable.

"Let's go in", I said to him and watched his expression turn to one of confusion.

"Enter the old house, where the door opened on its own?", he said in a low-angry whisper.

"Yes, precisely", I replied sarcastically, knowing it'd be safe. He let out a sigh and followed me in, self-preservation really hasn't been at the top of the list for a bit for us but I wouldn't let him get hurt.

The best thing about her house was her study, where she carried out all her spells and such, smelled so good always. Without wasting any time I headed there with Jace following my footsteps closely. 

The smell of the herbs and flowers native to this Island, being used in a potion or something, entered my nose. The nostalgia of better times made its way home, I don't know whether to be melancholic or be happy to be here again. This place truly had been ground zero for my life before it all exploded and left me the shell of the person I could've been, but no time for self-pity now.

As I entered the room it all became so much clearer in the sunlight that entered through the glass walls of this eccentric room. She stood there in all her glory, tall and lean with her dark curls tucked in a bun, her bohemian dress swayed from the wind entering through the window.

Maya 

Without even turning around she snapped her fingers together, I thought nothing happened until I heard a groan of pain from my side. Jace, his face contorted in pain as his knees buckled beneath him. Crap, she thought of him as an intruder and spelled him.

Just before his body could hit the ground, I hurriedly got on a knee to support his weight. He was in my arms yet again as I looked down at him, his eyes shut tightly in agony while he clasped the hem of my top to ease the suffering. 

I let out a guttural growl, demanding her to stop hurting my mate this instant. Aurora wanted me to tear her throat in half for causing Jace pain, but my better senses prevented me from acting on it. "Stop, NOW", I growled out, rather commanded that would have any wolf submitting, Aurora clawing at me for control.

She turned around in a dash and analyzed the situation for a second before snapping her fingers together again to make the spell ebb. Only after hearing the sigh of relief from Jace indicating that his pain went away, did I look up to see her.

She looked almost as old as I did now, even though she was almost a century old now. Her brown skin complemented by her pitch-black hair and eyes heavy with dark makeup, she looked just as gorgeous as I remembered. No other witch could halt her aging as she had, a prodigy even in the witch world, my mom's best friend, Maya.

"Looks like little wolfie got her own little mate", she said in her classic sing-song voice laced with a thick accent, as she loomed over us.

I helped Jace up after making sure he was alright since her spells could truly be wrenching. When I got up myself, I was pleasantly pleased to know that she was an inch or two shorter than me, Not an achievement for an Alpha wolf but given I never got to be my full height, I'm pleased and petty.