The Truth

Jaceth P.O.V.

(T.W.- please don't read the chapter if it can negatively affect your mental health or recovery process )

Within moments Grey and I rushed to the bedroom with Ellie following right on our tail. Our eyes darted around as soon as we entered, to assess the danger- what had hurt her?

But- the room was empty- no one except Cami who continued mumbling gibberish painfully, her eyes clenched shut. She seemed to be in pain because of how white her knuckles were while she clenched her fist tightly, and her body sheened with perspiration as she breathed heavily.

Next to me- Grey breathed heavily because of the adrenalin, his protective instinct over Cami must've kicked in upon hearing her scream. His dark eyes held a red tint indicating Victor's presence looming right behind, ready to pounce at anyone who hurt his mate. But there was no one for Victor to kill, was she having a nightmare?

"Nightmare?", Ella whispered equally shocked.

"I think so-", I told her.

"Fuck- wake her up", Grey panicked because she still remained squirming and asleep.

I nodded at him and approached her on the bed, being closer to her makes this so much more real. But hey- it's just a nightmare she'd be fine- right?- of course she would be. Ellie kneeled on the bed next to me and gently shook her.

"Cami? wake up love", she spoke to her softly.

Cami mewled in response but didn't wake up still so Ella shook her again to no avail.

"Why the fuck isn't she waking up?", Grey asked- Victor's anger affecting him too much. He as a wolf didn't understand this and wanted to kill someone for bringing his mate pain.

Neither Ella or me responded making him growl in anger- I almost wanted to bare my neck to him. This time he took matters into his own hands and growled out "Cami!".

This got the job done as she woke up startled and panting. Fuck- he scared her and his face dropped, but it didn't stop the panic that racked through him visibly. I tried a calmer approach this time and softly spoke, "Cami- you feel okay bub?".

She didn't answer- didn't even raise her eyes. She continued heaving staring into the distance, was she- I don't know- disassociating?

"Talk to me baby", Grey said softly after raking Vic in, and cupped her face and lifted it to make her meet his eyes. Very reluctantly she looked up at him, her eyes glossy with unshed tears and her lower lips quivered.

"Cami you okay babe?", he asked her gazing deep into her eyes which were wide with fear.

I think that was the moment the dam broke- sniffling she replied in a shaky voice "No- Grey I need to" before having to pause to get some air into her lungs. "No, I need to tell you something".

"Sure baby sure. Whatever you want, just catch your breath first", he said in the softest tone I'd ever heard from his mouth, and took her hands into his to unclench her fists. She nodded at him and began mimicking his breathing pattern to stabilize hers.

Feeling reassured by this he tried to cuddle her into his chest but she stopped him immediately. She shook her head at his hurt expression and said, "Can you put on your shirt. Please?".

He furrowed his brows in confusion- but complied anyways as Ellie handed him his shirt. He put it on and asked for permission to hug her and she said yes. I didn't want to take any risks either so I took the closest t-shirt I could find and pulled it over my head.

He held Cami firmly against his chest and pulled her into his lap, after she'd stopped hyperventilating he said "Okay now baby, tell us whatever you want to".