Chapter 9

Nicki P.O.V

"C'mon, ma, lemme take ya out. I promise ya won't regret it." August said as he followed me around the kitchen.

"Hm, I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I promise it's gon be da' best day in ya life. Trust me." He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I blushed, looking away.

"Don't be hidin' dat pretty smile."

"What time should I be ready?"

"Don't worry bout dat. I'll come by ya room when I'm ready. Just dress sexy." He kissed my cheek and let me go.

August P.O.V

I wrapped ma towel round ma waist and walked to ma room. Jhene was sittin' on da bed, cryin'.

"Jhene, what's wrong witchu?" I sat next ta' ha'.

"Michael...cheated." She cried. I pulled ha' into a big hug. I stroked ha' hair slowly as she cried onto my shoulder.

"Me and Chris gon beat his ass. I promise." I said through gritted teeth.

"No, he crazy. He'll hurt you guys. Please don't." She begged.

"Jhene, has he hit ya?" She looked away. "Answer me." I frowned.

"Yes. But please don't do anything that'll make things worse." She pleaded.

"Don't worry I won't. Now get out. I gotta get ready." I pushed ha' out and closed ma do'.

Nicki P.O.V

I slipped in my hoop earrings and applied cherry res lipstick to my lips. I picked out a Michael Kors handbag out my closet. I have a feeling that something gon happen tonight. I might take a gun, just in case.

I heard three knocks on my door. It was August. I ran to the door, and smoothed my skirt out before opening it.

"Ready?" He smiled. I nodded my head and grabbed my purse and phone and closed the door.

I lead him out to my car. "What you doin', ma?"

"What you mean? We driving to where we going, right?" I chuckled.

"Yea, but we takin' ma car." "You have a car?" I asked.

"Yea, ma. C'mon." I followed him to the garage. He opened it, revealing three cars. A Mercedes Benz, a ruby red Lamborghini and a light blue Lamborghini.

"Which one's yours?" I asked.

"Da' red one." He grinned.

"Table fa' two." The nan lead us to our table all the way in the back. Why were back here?

"August, why are we all the way in the back?" I asked him.

"I just wanted ta' spend a lil time wit'chu. Ion want nobody else lookin' at ya while I'm wit'cha."

The waiter came over to our table. "Hi, I'm Jeremiah and I'll be your server for this evening. Can I start you off with drinks?"

"Yea, lemme get a bottle of ya best wine." August looked down at me.

"Alright. I'll be right and you'll be ready to order?" I nodded my head.

I picked up my menu and drooled over the various names of food. They sounded so good. I think August noticed.

"Ya good?" I nodded my head. "Aight. Get whateva ya want cause I'm paying." He smiled.

The waiter came back holding a bottle. "A bottle of Chardonnay for the lovely couple." He smiled as he poured some into both of our glasses.

I sipped my drink and stared at the filled with Koreans across from us. They looked familiar. Then I began to think back when I was a child.

Flashback:

I ran down the street as fast as I could. But then I tripped on a rock, causing me to fall on the ground and scrape my knee.

"Ow." I groaned in pain. I couldn't let thus stop me. I looked behind me and seen two Korean men running towards me. I jumped up and continued running as I clutched my teddy bear under my arm. I ducked behind the corner, hoping that I was out of sight. They looked around for me and soon gave up and walked off.

"Nicki, baybeh." August snapped me out my thoughts. I gasped realizing who that man was.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Excuse me." I stood up from the table and rushed to the bathroom and stood at the sink. I sighed, rubbing my hand down my face.

I heard the door open. I whipped my head around and seen the Korean lady that was at the table with the men. She walked up to the sink next to me. I watched as she washed her hands. I figured she wasn't gonna try to hurt me. That wasn't until I felt her arm around my neck. She had me in a choke hold until I stepped on her foot and flipped her onto the floor. I walked out and hurried back to August.

"August, we have to leave." I panted.

"Why, ma. We ain't 'een ate yet. C'mon, sit down." He grabbed my hand and pulled me on top of him. Good thing we were in the back in a booth.

"No, we have to-" I stopped talking once I seen the woman head back to her table. She whispered something in the man's ear, then looked over at us. I ducked under the table and pulled August under with me.

"What we hidin' fa'?" He asked.

"Shh, look, I don't have time to explain but-" Before I finish my sentence, they started firing machine guns. I reached into my purse and pulled out my glock 42 and started shooting at them. I think I hit a few of them because there was less shooting. I grabbed August's hand and we ran out the back door to the car.

"Oh ma god. Nicki, what was dat?" He looked over at me. I couldn't tell him. He might tell someone else.

"Nicki?" "I'll tell you when we get home. As for now, watch the road." I said quickly.

I know y'all been waiting a while for this. 5+ votes and 5+ comments, I will update. Until then ✌