Chapter 16

Nicki P.O.V

"What did you just say?" I asked him.

"I said I loved you." I answered.

"I said I loved you too." He wrapped his arms around me. I wiggled out of his grip and sat upright.

"This won't work." I pulled the covers up over my chest.

"What you mean?" He looked in my eyes.

"Us. Chris, you have a girlfriend. I can't be with you knowing that you're cheating on her." I shook my head.

"Fine. I'll break up with her. I just wanna be with you." He mumbled on my neck. I bit my lip and turned my head.

"I still don't know about this, Chris. I don't think I'm ready for a committed relationship right now."

"Why not? You can tell me anything. Why not?"

"I just...I'm not ready, that's it." I lied.

"Okay, tell me when you are ready. I love you." He pecked my lips and laid back down.

It took me a minute to lay down because of what he just told me.

'I love you.' He loves me? Is it true? I can't be in a relationship right now. Not with all of this happening at one time. I don't wanna put him in harm.

3:45 p.m.

I stood in the shower, letting the warm water trickle down my skin. It felt so good to clear my mind.

I jumped back up against the wall when the someone opened the shower door.

"Chill, its me." Chris smiled. I chuckled lightly and kept my arms over my chest.

"What you covering up for? Move ya hands." I watched as he moved my hands away from my breasts and stared at them.

"Stop staring." I mumbled.

"My bad, ma. You so beautiful, its hard not to." I couldn't help but blush a cherry red color. He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Chris, why are you in here with me? Can I take a shower by myself so I can clear my mind?" I groaned.

"I can help ya clear ya mind. Just give me 3 minutes." He pulled me closer.

"No. No sex." I shook my head and pulled away from him.

"I'm just playing, babygirl. No. Ima get out and let you take your bath, okay?" He pecked my lips and got out the shower.

I pushed my hair back and squeezed it out. I grabbed my towel off the rack and wrapped it around my body. I closed my bathroom door and turned around to see Chris asleep on my bed.

"Um, Chris, get up." I tapped the side of his face rapidly.

"No, ma. Five more minutes." He groaned.

I sighed and moved him over, snuggling up against him. I put his hand around my waist and I draped my leg over his waist.

Chris P.O.V

"Wake up, babygirl." I whispered in Nicki's ear. She moaned and laid her head on my chest.

"Nicki, get up. I gotta go."

She groaned and rolled over, letting me up. I closed her door and walked back to my room. I heard crying coming from Jhene's room.

"Yo, J, you aight?" I peeked my head in. She sat up and wiped her tears.

"Yea."

"If you aight, why you crying?" I sat on her bed.

"Micheal, he.." She paused.

"He did what?"

"Broke up with me." She muttered.

"Aww, that nigga don't know what he missing. You'll find somebody better." I patted her back.

I studied her face and noticed a bruise on her left cheek.

"J, what's that?" I pointed to her cheek. She gasped.

"T-that's nothing." She stuttered.

"It don't look like nothing. What else that nigga Michael been doing to you?"

"Nothing. I promise."

"Jhene, you betta tell me what's going on. That nigga been hitting you?"

She hesitated to answer. "Y-yea."

"What the fuck!" I jumped up. She pulled me back down.

"No please, Chris. Don't do anything to make it worse." She cried.

"No, when I find the nigga, I'm beating his ass. Jhene, he not supposed to be hitting you. I don't care how crazy he is. I'm telling August. Do he know bout this shit?"

"Yea and he wanted to take things into his own hands too."

"Good."

Ima stop right here. Don't feel like saying anything. Go read Bad Decisions, In Love With A Stripper, Trapped and That One Girl if you not already reading them.

5+ votes and 5+ comments, I'll update. Be breezy!✌✌✌