eighteen: Confrontation & Just Friends

Eighteen: Confrontation & Just Friends

I stood frozen the next day when he looked me dead in the eye obviously noticing my dark under eye circles from the sleepless night I had put behind me with mixed feelings. It felt as if his stare had access to the deepest part of my soul. 

“Doniya talked to me,” he informed me, his gaze not once leaving me, being constant and hard all the time. I shouldn’t have talked to Doniya yesterday, the regret I felt right now was unconquerable.

“So what?”, I asked him, trying to sound and look as unaffected as possible. I wouldn’t let him intimidate him the way he usually does. I wouldn’t let him have the power over me, the power he wished he had.

Zayn grabbed my wrist and dragged me into his room which happened to be just right behind our backs. He used force and I felt weak. Weak in a way past my comfort zone.

“Stop!”, I yelled under my breath trying to get free from his strong grip. Soon enough he let me free and I stumbled back a few steps as he shut the door.

Everyone was out today, shopping for tomorrow and checking the hall one last time before the ceremony tomorrow, to decorate the last few tables. And I felt like Doniya had a little saying in letting me and Zayn alone to have some time together. 

“Why did you have to make such a big deal out of it?”, he yelled at me and I felt inferior to him. The feeling I hated the most. Feeling worth less than him.

“Excuse me, you basically acted all girlfriend-boyfriend with your teen-crush in front of your soon to be wife! Soon as in tomorrow to be exact. And you ask me why I had to make such a big deal out of it?! Reconsider your actions, Zayn! Anyone would’ve ran away from marrying you by now, or wouldn’t have even started it!”

He was raging, the fire in his eyes was basically visible by now. Like in this cartoon series, where there was fire in the eyes and steam coming out from the ears, the face filling up with the most dangerous shade of deep red.

“Then why don’t you leave?!”, he screamed back. 

“I’m just doing this for my parents, Zayn. Unlike you, I can think of others first”

“Are you sure, Arisha? I don’t think you stayed just because of your parents,” he assumed, his voice much calmer now, but somehow more intimidating for me now, way too close to me, to my feelings.

“How would you know the reasons behind my actions?”, I challenged him, trying to keep my eyes on his with a strong expression. I was stronger than that, stronger than when we first met. I wouldn’t let him and his anger issues get to me.

“You’re way too easy to figure out, Arisha”

“I’m not!”, I fought his assumptions. I wasn’t as weak as he thought I was. At least I wouldn’t let him think I was.

“We both know you like me. More than you act like you do” Great assumptions. None of them were true. 

“I hate you,” I spat out with all the anger building up inside of me. Since the day I got here, or even way before that, I had everything built up. But I figured now would be the time. The time to let him know all that. He wasn’t superior to me. He wasn’t anything to me besides my future husband.

Suddenly he stepped way too close for my liking, the only thing audible his raged breathing and my pounding heart. I felt like my insides might burst so he could get to see the depths of all of my feelings.

“Do you really?” Why did he have to make me questions every single one of my actions, feelings and words?

All of a sudden we got interrupted by the door bursting open and the long haired beauty appeared in front of us.

“Oh, I didn’t know you two were busy, sorry,” she spoke in her sweet honey voice and smiled innocently as she disappeared behind the door and closed it behind her quietly yet safely.

But then I looked at Zayn and when I saw his wide smiling expression, it looked as if he got completely lost in her unexpected appearance and the uncomfortable feeling which I had since last morning appeared again and I swallowed heavily.

That pulled the last string for me. I felt like slapping him but I held back. I didn’t want to go as low as I knew he would. I wouldn’t let him think I had anger issues when in reality he was the one who had to deal with them.

So I just gave him one last look in disbelief and stormed out of the door without looking back a last time only to bump into Mina on my way to my room. She had changed into some sweatpants and a loose white t shirt and it bothered me that even in this simple attire she managed to look like a model whereas I would look like I just came back from a mud fight.

I brushed past her and stormed into my room leaving everyone behind to be happy and completely forget me.

“Are you okay?”, I heard her ask me before I could slam the door behind me. She stood in my door way and I couldn’t just slam it in her face, that would be way too rude for my standards.

“Everything’s just fine,” I tried to sound as assuring as possible even though I knew my persuasion skills were as bad as my social skills (which had already improved since my time with him anyways but still weren’t at it’s best).

“Can we talk?”, Mina surprisingly asked me and my annoyance towards her grew by second.

“I’m tired,” I informed her trying to stay as calm and controlled as possible. She raised her perfectly plugged eyebrows and her left warm was vertically placed on her supportive horizontally right arm which was placed on the height of her waist. Both her long legs stood straight, proud and long in confidence and self control.

“Look, Arisha. I don’t want anything from Zayn if that is what concerns you. Zayn and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember but there’s nothing more to it and there never will be anything more to it. I have a boyfriend back home in America”

A/N:

hi guys, hope you liked it. I decided to make three books out of this, hope you all are okay with that!

love you all, bella x