eleven: Shopping & Antithesis

Eleven: Shopping & Antithesis

The amazing smell of delicious traditional milk with tea and loads of different sweets was what woke me up the next morning before my alarm on my mobile phone ringed. It was quiet in the house so I made my way to the bathroom extra carefully even thought it was in my room basically.

Taking a look into the mirror the first thing I noticed were the knots in my long hair. Usually I brushed my hair every night before I went to sleep and in the morning of course but yesterday I just was way to excited and tired to take care of my hair.

I took a long refreshing shower to take good care of my hair including conditioner and all. Normally I wouldn’t use conditioner because my hair was fine as it naturally was but I decided that today it would be a good decision to use one. Also I took extra time with shaving and washing my face clean from any sweat or dirt.

Finally feeling like me again I stepped out of the shower and began towel drying my hair and putting on some fresh clothes. I took a jeans and a sweater because it still was cold outside.

When I opened the door of my room I noticed that the light in the hallway still was turned off. It was like 9 am in the morning but the drive yesterday really must’ve been exhausting for them. 

Walking down the long stair case the smell grew stronger and stronger and also my hunger made itself more noticeable.

“Arishay, is that you? Good morning, Sweetie!”, she said when she saw me and smiled widely. 

“Good morning, auntie” I smiled back at her and stood next to her ready to help with the preparations.

“Could you set the table please, Sweetie? Everything you’ll need are in that drawer back there”, she asked me and I went ahead to do so right away. 

Taking seven plates and matching to that seven forks, spoons and knives I placed them all on the dark wooden eating table. Next I took napkins and folded them neatly before placing those in front of each plate, also. 

“Oh, that looks fantastic, thanks Arishay. I’ll be finished with the food soon, you can take some cups and pour the tea into them and then also place those on the table”, she said.

“Sure”, I answered and went straight to work. When I was finished Doniya joined us in the kitchen and wished us a good morning. 

One by one everyone came down the stairs taking their seat on the table. As it seems they all were hungry as hell because just by smelling the delicious smells of the food they “mmh’d” already. 

“Rish, come sit next to me?”, Safaa asked me with pleading, still a bit sleepy eyes. Of course I couldn’t resist those eyes and agreed immediately. Safaa was such a cutie literally.

“Safaa, love, let Rish sit next to Zayn”, Trisha scolded her little one.

“It’s okay, I’ll gladly sit next to Safaa”, I interrupted quickly just to escape the awkward moments that would occur if I’d sit next to Zayn. He was so intimidating it was ridiculous.

Trisha just smiled and then nodded. Taking the seat next to Safaa and Waliyah we began eating peacefully. Not even once did I make eye contact with Zayn. Everyone was quiet and enjoying the delicious food, especially the parathas.

---

After breakfast auntie, Doniya and me went saree shopping as Zayn has warned me last night. There were huge shops full of colourful lehengas and traditional clothes. Nearly much enough to make me go crazy and causing me to be unable to choose from all the variety.

When we eventually found the right one, keeping Zayn’s wish of the colour being red in mind, we also got some matching gold jewellery and shoes and in the end some henna tubes. I was quite good at doing henna. 

Doniya and Trisha were so much fun to be around and also so respectful and nice. I could get used to this.

Arriving back home we three were exhausted and the house was awfully quiet. We got us some refreshing apple juice before we went to our rooms to rest. Soon it would be time to prepare lunch again and for that we needed full power.

Laying down on the huge bed my thoughts went crazy. I could think of nothing but Zayn and the Nikah which was bound to happen too soon. Trisha informed that they rented a hall for around 100 people in two weeks. Just two weeks and Zayn and me would be legally married in Islam. Part of me was excited, part of me was scared. And my heart was fully irritated.

Suddenly it knocked on the door.

“Yeah?”

The door slowly opened and Zayn stepped in. He was dressed in black skinny jeans and a black pattered T-Shirt, his hair messy as always. Messy, yet perfect.

“Can I come in?”, he asked carefully and I answered with a nod. Quickly I brushed through my hair with my fingers and straightened out my ordinary clothes I still had on from shopping to look at least a bit presentable.

He closed the door behind him and took a seat on the edge of the bed where he turned to face me. I was seated in the centre of the bed and the distance between us seemed so huge yet it was so little I could literally feel him breathe.

“How are you?”, he asked. This reserved behaviour he was showing lately was such a contrast to that outburst where he nearly punched me. I didn’t know how I liked this new side of him. 

“I’m good, just a bit exhausted. What about you?”, I asked back, being careful to not give him any reason to get mad.

“Good. I was wondering if you’d maybe want to prepare lunch with me. We could like make some rice and chicken and some side dishes. If you’re not too exhausted”, he suggested, not breaking his eyes from mine a single time. I was surprised by his offer.

“You cook?”, I asked in disbelief. Immediately I regretted the words and threw my hand up to my mouth hoping that didn’t anger him.

His expression fell and my pulse quickened.

“Are you scared of me?”

That was not what I expected him to say.

“I- I don’t know, uhm-”

“Give me your hand”, he said interrupting me with his soft, deep voice. Hesitantly I moved my hand to where his hand was waiting to take it. 

His eyes still didn’t break from mine and I also didn’t dare to break the eye contact, way too caught up in the colour of his irises. 

Antithetic to my expectations, Zayn brought the back of my hand to his lips and pouted them slightly leaving a soft kiss on my thin skin.

“Don’t be scared”

authors note:

Hi guys.

I updated again, yay.

On the side you find a pic of the saree they picked, credits on the picture.

Tell me how you like it and comment, vote and share :)

And also thank you all so much for 4k reads, I would've never expected to have 4k by chapter 11 already, this is huge.

see you soon  and love you all, bella x