𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

Everyday my younger brothers, Timmy and Tommy, would wake up early so they could go hang out in the field behind our house. They have done this ever since summer started. 

And I, as a responsible older sister, would wake up early with them and make them a quick breakfast before they'd go. 

After a few days, I started to get curious about what they did everyday. I decided to go to the sandlot. 

I had no idea that they played in the empty lot with seven other guys.

As expected, I got looks from everyone when I first walked into the field. I suppose they weren't used to seeing a girl in their territory. 

My brothers were embarrassed of me but after I talked to the oldest member of the group, Benny, I was allowed to stay and watch. Of course, I had to lie a bit and say that my parents forced me to watch over my brothers but that's besides the point. 

Now, I follow these boys everywhere. 

I try my best to convince them to let me play. Sadly they never let me. They claim that they'll never let a girl join because it's a "boy sport". 

Rude.

Despite their cruel words, I always accompany them everywhere and assist them in any way I can. Call me a suckup but I genuinely want to be a part of the group. 

They seem to have a lot of fun together. Just the nine of them, playing all day, every day. 

And as much as I hang out with them, I think it's safe to say I sort of am part of the team. I just haven't ever played baseball. 

But we all are friends. In fact, we are so close that I can almost say they are like my second family. 

We all have certain roles in the group; Benny is the leader, Ham is the jokester, Squints is the menace, Bertram is the rebel, Kenny is the great pitcher, Yeah Yeah is the smart mouth, Timmy and Tommy are the reasonable ones, Smalls is the misfit, and I'm the cool mom. 

I have a strong connection with all of them in different ways.

You'd think that a group of boys would be too overwhelming for one girl. And that was my first impression too. But the truth is these guys treat me very well. 

Although they are just kids, they try to be as kind and respectful to their only female friend. (Me) 

I always make sure to keep them out of trouble yet I'm able to join in the fun. It's what I'm best at. 

Today, I was finally given the opportunity to buy a ball for them. With the condition that they all accompany me. 

"Okay how bout this one; what do you call a pig that does karate?" I ask them as we walk inside Vincent Drugstore. We greet the owner with a wave as we make our way to the counter.