𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 ☆

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

Y/N'S POV:

Standing in Josh's kitchen counter eating oreos, I thought about how much money he must've spent buying me a whole closet. I never liked making people waste money on me. Don't get me wrong, I love being spoiled. But the guilt of it always gets the best of me. 

My eyes stay fixed on his wrist that has bracelets covering it. Josh sees me staring at his arm and smiles as he lets me eat an oreo from the counter. 

"I like your bracelets." I speak. He lifts his hand and puts it closer to me. I touch the beaded bracelet seeing letters together that make up his name. 

"Yeah?" He smirks. 

"Yeah" I push my hair back as I rest my hands on the counter edge. 

"Did you like dinner with mom?" He asks munching on the frosting filled cookies.

An hour earlier, I ate mac and cheese with Mrs.Monroe and Josh. Him and I told her a whole made up story about how I met Josh through school and about how my parents are on a business trip. She believed us and said that she was happy to know Josh and I are friends. That alone made me feel very welcomed. 

"Yeah it was fun. Your mom is a great woman." I confess with all honest feelings. "You're lucky to have her." 

Josh breathes in intensely, "I guess you're right. Lately, she's been all up in my business and it's getting really annoying. It must be because of the address book killer thing." He groaned, acting as if I knew what he was talking about. 

I don't have the chance to ask anything because Mr.Monroe comes in and hugs Josh from behind. He flinches at the feeling of her arms around him, his first reaction being to hug the milk and cookies on the surface counter. 

"Oh Josh I'm so glad you're here." She says before kissing the back of his head. I crack a smile at the adorable moment. His eye size increases with embarrassment as he sees me laughing. 

"Can I get you anything? A piece of cake? Another glass of milk? Anything?" She rubs his shoulders. 

He leers in bewilderment. "Ma are you sure you're feeling okay?" 

A knock on the door interrupts them. She goes to answer it, leaving Josh and I alone again.

"See what I mean?" He whispers as we go to see who is at the door, "it's annoying." 

I continue to chuckle at his ruffled hair and he rolls his eyes. 

Less Than Five Minutes Later:  

"Brahm Walker?" Josh exclaims in evident excitement. "THE Brahm Walker?" He asks the stranger who sits in a chair at the dining table. 

He turns to his mom and me.