𝟏𝟔. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 ♡

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚎 𝙻𝚞𝚗𝚎 - 𝙳𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚢

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚎 𝙻𝚞𝚗𝚎 - 𝙳𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚢

( Play the song at the beginning when you see this * )

Y/N'S POV:

I sit on his bed looking down at my lap, waiting for him to get done showering. I contemplate the pool incident, replaying Josh's face full of fear in my head over and over again.

Seeing him like that broke my heart.

Josh came out of the bathroom in his new clothes. I stare up at him with hopeful eyes as he walks into the room.

He kept quiet and avoided eye contact with me as he made his way to his bed. Not a word was exchanged between us.

I got up from his bed and let him roll under the covers silently. I frown seeing him facing the side of the wall, having his back to me as he layers on the bed.

"I-I'm sorry for your loss." I gathered the courage to talk. The lump in my throat makes me pause and gulp. "I don't know what it's like losing someone close but I can imagine the pain you're going through. I think it's best if you talk in the morning. But if you need anything I'm down the hall with my door open."

I wait for a response. He doesn't move or say anything so I reach for the lamp in his night stand. I turn around and head for the door.

I freeze when I feel a hand seize my wrist, stopping me from walking away.

Staring down at my arm and then at Josh who held onto my hand, I noticed he was looking up at me already. His eyes were red and puffy like he had been crying this whole time which was most likely the case.

My face softens as I grant him my full attention.

"Stay, please." He begs. His voice is raspy, worn out from the cold. Either he has a fever or it's the painful grief in his voice.

"You want me to stay?" I ask hesitantly. He nods slowly.

A wave of happiness splashed my whole body at that moment. I had to bite my tongue to contain a smile because it's not appropriate to show my excitement now.

"Okay sure! Let me just get my pajamas on, I'll be right back." Once again as I was about to run off, he pulled me back. He shakes his head, sniffling as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Don't. Just stay here. I don't want to be alone. You can wear one of my shirts if you want but please don't leave me now." He pleads softly.