𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 ♡ ◇

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

*:✼✿ ✿✼:*

JOSH'S POV:

Getting out of bed this morning was confusing. The last thing I remember from last night was Y/N sitting here with me and telling me about her life in her universe. Her life seems pretty good for a girl in the 60s if you ignore the sexist aspects.

So I was quite paranoid when I didn't see her in my room at all. I sprint out of the room and run past her room, only to not find her there either.

I begin to worry as she isn't upstairs where she's supposed to. Suddenly, I heard a loud thud from downstairs. Fuck, what if someone broke in?

My fight or flight response is triggered. In a matter of seconds, I rushed down the stairs to where I heard the sound come from.

The kitchen.

But I am surprised when I also hear chatter.

Okay, what is going on?

I stand in the space between the kitchen and stairs with my jaw to the floor. The sight of my mom and Y/N sitting at the kitchen counter eating and talking was a sight I never imagined encountering.

Mom chuckles at something Y/N said and Y/N laughs with her. Her laugh was so contagious that I couldn't help smiling as I watched them.

None of them knew I was present until I cleared my throat. They both turned to me as I entered the kitchen.

"What's going on?" I ask as Y/N waves at me in greeting. I wave back, still puzzled about the scenario I woke up to.

"Josh, I'm glad you're awake." Mom approached me and then pressed a kiss on my forehead. Normally, I would find it embarrassing since Y/N saw it, but my confusion prevented me from thinking straight.

"How come you never told me you were friends with such a lovely young lady?" Mom places her hand on my shoulder and points to Y/N.

Y/N stuffs her face with food and smiles awkwardly.

Has she told mom?

"Well, you're always too busy at work." I mutter under my breath. Mom frowns at my depressing but honest answer.

She rolls her eyes and gestures me to sit by the counter. "Anyway, Y/N says you have allowed her to stay in the guest room for a few days. Is that right?"

"Yes, it's true." I say although I have no idea how much of the truth Y/N has told her.

"I have no issue with it. In fact, I'd love it if she stayed a while." Mom accepts frantically.