Forever Mine

I just wanted a Sky Forme Shaymin...

I didn't want this...

It started about a year ago. I was currently obsessing over the fabled Sky Forme Shaymin. I really wanted to have one of my Pokémon Platinum Version the moment I heard about it.

However, I wasn't a very dedicated Pokémon fan at the time, and by the time I heard about the Sky Forme Shaymin, the event had already come and gone.

I was devastated. My only chance at getting a Shaymin had already passed a long time ago.

Then I realized I had one chance.

Action Replay.

I rushed over, and put the cheating device into my DS. I didn't bother to go online to search for a super-long code that would give me the Oak's Letter, so I just activated my Pokémon Modifier code. I assumed it would have the same effect anyway.

I went into the tall grass and ran around, holding the L button. A wild encounter started.

"A wild SHAYMIN appeared!"

I squealed out loud as I saw the hedgehog-like Pokémon appear. I opened my bag, and threw one of my 492 Master Balls in it.

"Gotcha! SHAYMIN was caught!"

I decided to give this Shaymin a nickname, like I always do to all my Pokémon. I named the Shaymin "Skye," in honor of my Sky Forme Shaymin plushie.

The Shaymin was added to my party, because I had a free spot reserved just for it.

I also had the "Learn Any TM/HM" code activated. I wanted to teach it Fly, knowing it would become a Sky Forme. It would be a bit awkward having a Land Forme Shaymin knowing Fly, but having a Sky Forme would make up for that. I opened up the menu and got Skye to use Fly. I chose Floaroma Town, the home of the Gracidea Flower. I moved my character over and talked to the blonde NPC who was supposed to give me the Gracidea Flower.

"Do you know about Gracidea Flowers? They're given as bouquets to express feelings of gratitude. It's an enduring tradition around these parts."

'What the heck?' I thought. 'You're supposed to give me a Gracidea!'

I talked to the girl again.

"Do you know about Gracidea Flowers? They're given as bouquets to express feelings of gratitude. It's an enduring tradition around these parts."

What?! No!!

I stared in agony at the screen. She wouldn't give me the Gracidea. So I couldn't get my beloved Shaymin to achieve its Sky Forme.

I opened my Shaymin's summary.

"I'm sorry, Skye. I tried." I murmured to the screen, even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

A few months passed. I had played through Pokémon Platinum and gotten bored of it after I beat the game. I became attached to Pokémon HeartGold.

One fateful day, I started digging through my container holding my DS games. I found Pokémon Platinum. I blew a small amount of dust off the cartridge, and put it into my DSi. My old DS had broken, and had been replaced with my new, white DSi.

The game started up. The first thing I did was go to my PC box, to see all of my Pokémon. There were several good Pokémon, including legendaries.

I wanted to start this game over. I decided. It'd be a shame if these Pokémon went to waste...I thought about it for a minute. I know. I'll trade these Pokémon over to HeartGold. They'll be safe there.

With the help of my sister's DSi, I traded my main team over, and then the legendaries.

Including Skye.