Nina the Killer

Nina Hopkins, age 11, and her younger brother, Chris, age 6, had recently transferred to a new school. It soon became clear that this young and impressionable girl, Nina Hopkins, had become a massive fan of the psychopath, Jeff the Killer. Having read his origin story many times, she felt "strangely attracted to him," "admired him," and "felt a strange impulse to kill" while reading the story. If only someone could've seen the warning signs, maybe this could have been stopped.

On the first day of school, Nina and her brother, Chris, had found a quiet place in the schoolyard to eat, when they were greeted by three students who were later identified as Claudia, Malcom, and Yoni. Claudia was a notorious bully, and claimed that the area was their territory. Chris spoke up saying how ridiculous that was. They were all, just trying to have a quiet lunch together. But Claudia didn't see it that way. She saw it as a test of her authority and acted violently, lashing out at Chris, punching him. At the sight of her little brother being hit, she snapped.

She pulled out a knife she had concealed. "Touch him again, and I'll kill all of you." She threatened. Though her brother saw it as an impulse to defend her, she felt something stronger. Something like the urge to kill. Afterwards, she found an anonymous note in her locker that read, "I know what you did...but do not worry, I won't tell anyone. You're skillful...but dangerous."

Time passed, and no police were involved. It was at this stage when Nina would feel her sanity begin to slip away. One night when her brother was playing out in the yard, Claudia and her gang showed up for revenge. They knew how much Nina loved her little brother. So to get back at her, they took it out on him. They snatched him away from his home and beat him senseless. Then they dumped him out of their car and just drove away. When Nina found her beaten, and bloodied brother, she rushed him home and was then sent to the hospital.

Nina then found another anonymous note, "I'm sorry about your brother, I hope for him to recover. Do not think you're alone...I'm here. I'll be your friend, but unfortunately...distant."

After Chris recovered from his injuries, he was released from the hospital. He would soon return back to school with his sister, Nina. Just when it seemed like things were returning to normal, they were jumped by Claudia and the gang. They weren't content with just beating Chris. Now it was Nina's turn. Claudia and her gang set upon Nina, punching and kicking her. She fought back but she was overwhelmed by the trio. Chris was screaming for help, but nobody was listening. In his desperation, he started chucking anything he could at the bullies, to try and distract them. He managed to catch Claudia in the head with a rock and this gave Nina the chance she needed to escape.

She broke free from the group and began to run. Claudia was momentarily stunned. She turned to Chris, "We'll get you later, you little shit. But first, we're gonna get your sister." Claudia spat in contempt and turned to follow his Nina, running into the distance. Nina didn't have much chance to outrun the others. They were older than her and she was tiring. If she didn't do something quick, they would soon catch her. Ahead she found an abandoned house which she stumbled into, seeking refuge. Claudia was close behind with the other two cronies trailing further back. Nina had to find something quickly to defend herself with.

She found a metal bar lying on the ground. It must've been left behind during the construction of the house. Nina ran to the front entrance and waited quietly around the corner. She heard Claudia's footsteps as she entered the house. "I'm here now, bitch. Can't hide forever! You may as well come out now and I might take it easy on you. Hahaha, just kidding. I'm going to make you wish you were dead."

Three steps away.

Two steps away.

One step away.

Claudia was approaching the corner that Nina was hiding behind. "Get out here no -" Was all she had time to say. Her sentence was cut short by the metal bar Nina swung viciously into her face. Claudia crumpled to the ground, riving in agony. Nina set upon her, beating her face inn with the metal bar. With each strike, she became more insane. She began laughing as blood splattered everywhere. Claudia's face now just a crumpled mess of red. It was at this moment, Claudia's two cronies, Malcom and Yoni, burst through the front door. They stopped dead in their tracks, horrified by the sight before them. Nina just looked up at them and smiled. "Who's next?" She asked excitedly.

Than night, after Nina returned home she decided it was time for a makeover. To match her new found identity. She was sick of looking normal like everybody else, because she wasn't normal anymore. She couldn't be further from it. The only person she could relate to, was Jeff. She decided she would follow in his footsteps, and began searching for the bleach. As she was searching the cupboards in the kitchen, a figure appeared. Her eyes widened in disbelief. It couldn't be. But it was. Jeff was standing in front of her, smiling with that impossibly wide smile of his. He was holding a bottle of bleach and she didn't complain. "This might hurt...a little. But you're strong." He whispered in her ear before striking a match and setting her on fire. Nina felt a warm happiness flutter through her as she screamed in agony, until she blacked out.

Nina awoke in a hospital. She raised her hands to her face and felt the bandages covering her. She stumbled out of the bed to the closest mirror and began unwrapping the bandages. She was thrilled with the sight she saw; her skin was white and leathery, her hair that once reached to her knees, was now charred black and only reached midway down her back. She couldn't be more pleased with her makeover. But there was still something missing, she would fix that later. She began laughing insanely as the nurses rushed in.

It was late. Nina's mother was trying to get some sleep, when she was woken by the sound of laughter coming down the hallway. She crept out of bed and stumbled towards the sound. Maybe it was Nina. So she thought she'd check on her just to make sure she was okay. Sure enough, there was light coming from under Nina's bedroom door. She softly knocked three times. There was no answer, but the laughing stopped. So she gently creaked open the door and stepped inside. It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the dim light in the room. Her breath caught in horror, as she saw the scene in front of her.

Nina was sitting on her bed, with a sewing kit next to her. She was stitching her eyelids open with a needle and a piece of thread. Her mouth had been cut into a gruesome smile with the bloodied knife lying next to her. "Nina? What happened to you?" Nina finishes stitching her last eyelid open before replying, "What do you mean what happened to me? I'm finishing my makeover...Don't I look beautiful? Do you think I look beautiful, Mommy?" "Nina, why did you do this to your face...?" "You don't think I look beautiful...do you, Mommy?" Nina picked up the knife, and stood up slowly. Her mother began to back out of the room, afraid to turn away. "You should've just said I looked beautiful." Nina said as she rushed at her mother with a knife, plunging it deep into her heart. Her mother cried out one last breath, before slumping to the floor in a pool of blood. Nina giggled insanely as she stepped over her mother's body, and walked towards Chris' room.

She gently opened the door, and walked into his room. The faint glow of the nightlight next to his bed, illuminating his sleeping figure. She sat down on the bed next to him and lovingly stroked his hair from his forehead. "Wake up, Chris...Wake up..." His eyes flickered open, as he awoke from his slumber. "Nina...?" "Yes...it's me. Do you want to start a new life with me, Chris?" "Yes." He nodded sleepily. "Good." She plunged the knife into his chest.

"Go to sleep, my prince." Was the last thing she said to him, as she dragged his body outside.