Chapter 1

Note that when this 'hello' appears it would be a sign of Owen speaking to himself in his head. The normal dialogue is "..." and Owen's is '...' alright great

And please do Vote and comment because that would make me so happy.

Chapter 1
( Owen's POV)

My eyes felt heavy and itchy but I wasn't about to give in and go to bed.

I also knew that my alarm was going to go off soon, and my mother would come to wake me up. But all of that didn't matter because I was a teenager on a mission.

I couldn't sleep because I needed to see the old man's live till the end, after all, if I did sleep, then I wouldn't know how to summon that demon.

I did know that what I was watching might have been staged, but I couldn't move my heavy eyes away from the screen. My bed squicked as I moved closer to the laptop that was in front of me.

"Now kids, you should know that before you summon any spirit in your home, you should make sure that you are protected. Get holy water or whatever, but never summon any spirits without any sort of protection. Because these entities could control you, or even worse, they could possess your body and burn your soul." Said the elderly man in the video, rubbing the crystals that were hanging around his neck.

He looked like any witch or wizard we saw in movies but there was something about him that just made me follow his teachings and trust his words.

'That was so dump of me and I know'

He was wearing a black cloak and had his face covered by the witch hat that he wore. His hands were wrinkly and when he moved around, he would tremble. So that's how I noticed that he was an old man plus his voice did sound

'At this stage, he might just be dragging this video intentionally. I mean who takes 10 hours preparing ingredients for a ritual?'

I had a red candle, a teddy bear, and a knife to do some blood sacrifice. I know that it looked bad but, it did also look promising because the guy seemed like he knew what he was doing.

"Owen, wake up before you get late," called my mother from downstairs, she was probably about to go out to work.

'Shit'

I glanced at the clock on the wall, and sure enough, it was 06:00.

I hadn't taken out the clothes that I am supposed to wear and, my backpack wasn't packed yet.

"Owen!"

She was so running out of patience because when she first called I didn't answer her.

"Yes. I'm already up mom, there is no need to make so much noise it's early in the morning!"

I heard footsteps coming upstairs.

I quickly gathered the things I had out and hid them under my bed.

Little did I know that I had forgotten the open laptop, on which the old man had already started the process of summoning the demon. I forgot it was because I had muted it when my mom called.

She opened the door wide and stood there while glaring at me.

Her eyes landed on the laptop which was on my bed.

She was in her sleeveless red dress which hung her body perfectly, she also had on a white cardigan plus her red stilettos. Her beauty was the reason why she was able to steal my dad from his first wife.

"Lord help me. Owen! Were you doing that stuff of yours again?" She asked.

I've been doing all this research since the age of 14, and now I'm 18. It started as something simple, which she took lightly and thought that I was just playing around. But as years went by she realized that it's not something to be taken lightly.

"No," I answered quietly, my eyes finding the floor interesting.

"You know that you'll be dozing off in class, and I'll be called again to discuss your behavior, which I always warn you about!"

"Mom, it's not that serious. You should be glad that I'm not doing drugs or even getting girls pregnant," I looked at her with puppy eyes. I knew that they would never work but it never hurts to try.

"Oh, please don't give me that excuse. We both know how chicken you are when it comes to asking girls out. And you hate any form of drugs, even painkillers," That hurt a little.

But she didn't have to say that I'm a chicken.

"Well, I am awake, you can leave, I have to get ready for school," I said.

I closed the laptop and put it into its backpack. when I turned around, I noticed that she was still standing in the doorway.

"Alright, but do come back straight home after school, because your dad is coming back and it'll be rude if you don't welcome him," She said as she pointed her finger at me.

"Is he coming with those two rats of his?" I asked with a scowl on my face.

"Owen. They are your brothers, and they are older than you, so you better respect them or..."

I cut her off. "...they are my half-brother's mom, half brothers, not full 100% brothers, so I don't need to show them that much respect. They don't even like me and Why aren't they in Paris with their mother? "

My mother placed her hands on my shoulders and said, "Hey, it's okay, that incident happened once when you were, what, 14? I'm sure they'll never hurt you again. They were young back then," she said, trying to calm me.

"Mom, they were both 19. That's not young, "

" Owen, we have been fighting about this for far too long. For the love of God, just make peace with them and stop whining like a child. When I come back from work, I better find you at home with dinner ready. Bye," She walked out and closed the door. At least she was able to close the door but did she have to ruin my mood though?

I felt the tears prick my eyes, but I looked up and calmed myself.

I had cried so much 4 years ago after the so-called brothers beat me up so badly that I had to be hospitalized for 3 weeks straight with broken ribs and bruises all over my body. Mom told me that they were just kids.

I wondered if she did love me, or if she loved them more.

Or was it because they looked good, had a lot of friends, got good grades, and that they are wealthy whereas I was just like any other normal kid with nothing special?

What's worse is that I had to wait for three weeks before the old man could release another YouTube live on how to summon a demon.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧.