chapter 18

Chapter 18

                ( Owen's POV )

“You expect me to wear this?” Hugo asked.

He held grey trousers in his hand with the other hand on his hip.

“What's wrong with it” I questioned

“Owen. When have you ever seen me wear things like this? When I showed up I was wearing something with a lot more sense than these things!”

“lower your voice, mom is sleeping,” I whispered.

Today she slept for the whole day and it was now at night.

Hugo rolled his eyes and dropped the pants on the pile of clothes that were on the bed.

Okay, I do agree that I bought tracksuits only. But what was I supposed to buy for a demon.  It was hard enough to find his size because he didn't want to tell me, saying that he never knew it.

“I didn't know your size and I had to measure you with my mind.”

“I'm not a ghost you could have asked to take measurements and I would have agreed. And stop shushing me. I told you that no one else can hear me!” He stormed out of the room.

I  ran after him because he walked like those vampires I used to watch with Red.

“Stop following me I want to be alone!” He said as he threw the cup that was on the kitchen table at me.

I jumped back to avoid getting cut by the flying pieces of it as it collided with the floor.

He glared at me from across the room. His eyes were red again, that used to be my favorite color but not anymore.

“Leave!” he boomed

“What? Where will I go this is my home and it's at night,” I whimpered.

I didn't want to talk back to him, especially when he looked like he was about to murder me but I had no choice.

“I might not be able to hurt you but I can surely hurt the others,” he said as he pointed to where my mom's room was.

I might not like my mother, but I still loved her even though she never showed me any love back.

“It's just clothes Hugo,” I said

I saw him shiver after I said his name.

“Out!” he now has fangs.

Wait do demons have those?

I ran straight to the door without arguing any further because I didn't know if his threath was true or not.

As I closed the door, the night wind blew on my face and made me shiver instantly. I dropped onto the doormat and hugged my knees as I blew warm air on my hands.

I was in my long trousers and a short-sleeved T-shirt which meant that the wind got to my skin easily as my clothes were not thick.

But why was he so angry at that? I get it that maybe he takes his fashion seriously but is it that serious for him to kick me out of my own house?

He was the one who refused to go with me to the mall but now he acts like a toddler who was told that he can't eat ice cream for breakfast.

The door that I was leaning on opened inward and that caused me to fall backward,  my head hit the hard floor.

I felt the sting on my head and that gave me a slight headache.

“Do I need to take you to the mental hospital? I hope not because I don't have that much money to waste,” mother said looking down at me.

I was still lying on the floor looking up at her.

I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. I looked at her again only to see her click her tongue and pass by me to go outside.

“I'm going out and you better lock up and not allow any strangers in,” she said.

Only if she knew that we were living with a demon in our house, I wonder if he's considered a stranger or not.

“Yeah.”

“why are you even outside in this weather and wearing that?” She asked

“I uh—”

“You know what I don't care, just go back inside and lock up. If you want to act crazy do it but I better not get involved,” she said as she rushed to her car.

I watched her car pull out of the yard and leave.

I went back inside and locked up.

Hugo was nowhere to be seen and the broken pieces of the cup were nowhere to be seen either.

I ended up going to bed. When my head hit the pillow I immediately went to Dreamland.

                     ♧♧♧♧♧

I was in my math class and didn't have my friends close by, so that was killing me because I was bored as f*ck.

So Hugo didn't show up even today and that was weird because he said that he had nowhere to go.

I also hated that they changed classes on the week that I was absent. And now I only shared English and geography with my three rats, I had the other subjects alone. But atleast the were classes I shared with them

“Okay, that's it for today. And please tomorrow come with your homework done I don't want any excuses.” Said our teacher as he was taking his books from the table.

I was the first one out of the door before he had a chance to ask me about my whereabouts for the past week.

I ran to my geography class because I couldn't wait to meet them.

When I got into class, no one was there yet so I took the desk at the back that was close to the window.

“So this is what school life is like.”

“aaaaah— what the f*ck man!” I glared at Hugo who gave me eye rolls in return.

He was in those trousers he refused and a black T-shirt which he called stupid when I showed him yesterday.  But what caught my attention was the bruise marks on his arms and...face?

“Don't you dare say a word” he said

'Is my demon getting bullied?'

●●●●●●●●●●

So that's it for the chapter I hope you enjoyed it...love you honey bees