chapter 24

Chapter 24

             Owen's POV

I knew that Hugo would disappear but I didnt think that it would be so soon.

I get it that what I am asking of him is too much and its also embarrassing. I might have told him that I want to do this just to introduce him to the world and maybe also to get Red jealous, but honestly I am doing it for my own selfish reasons.

I want Hugo to date me so that the other kids at school could see and notice that I can also catch someone as hot as Hugo and that I am not that ugly.

I heard that when someone who's ugly starts dating the hottest person ever, others start seeing the ugly one differently. They always question on what the pretty one saw in him/her and they also try dating that person in order to confirm on their own suspicion.

I heard  door open and dad got in. 

I jumped from my seat and stood next to my open window, ready to run if he try's anything funny.

My half brothers might have been the ones who used to beat me up and not my father. But I knew that they wouldn't just do that to me without being told to do it or seeing somebody else do it. So I was always caucious when it came to my father.

He rolled his eyes “Would you stop overreacting and sit your ass down,” He said, with his teeth clenched

“.... ” I looked at him and said nothing to him. I was afraid of even saying a word to him as I didn't want to anger him.

“I sat sit. And if you think that you are going to jump from that window and run away, well think again because I told Don and Dylan to stand outside just to make sure that you don't run away,” He said.

I felt my heart beat race at that statement. When I looked outside, sure enough Don and Dylan were standing out there looking back at me. Don smirked and waved at me while Dylan mouthed something to me.  I payed close attention to what his lips said 'you need to run' that's what he said.

My eyes grew large at what he had just said. Why would Dylan warn me about anything and also after what I had done to him the other day.

I turned back to father who still had his teeth clenched.

“What do you want?” I asked him

“Is that how you are going to talk to me?” He shot back.

I swallowed the thick saliva that was in my mouth preventing me to speak. I moved and stood infront of my window and placed my hand on the handle behind me.

“Since the incident you had with your brothers I didnt have a chance to talk to you,” He said as he sat on my bed and crossed his legs

When you looked at him, you would think that he's a sweet and family kinda man but if you knew him you would know that he's way more different than that.

“You mean when you told me not to say anything about them to the police?” I asked

“Stop being a petty little bitch. I did what's best for us and I came here to ask you about that little demon you have following you around,” He said

“What demon” I acted confused at his question

“Oh stop playing all innocent with me. I know that you have him after you just so that he could protect you but do you know what you really are to him?” He smirked.

I felt fear in my heart of what he was about to say to me. Yes I'm might not know Hugo that much but I did also feel like he is someone  who I could trust, and I also believed that we were close enough

“If you didnt know well let me tell you then. That man or thing you have around you, only wants—”

He could not finish talking as Hugo puffed infront of me and everything and everyone expect me froze. Even the twins outside froze .

My eyes lifted as I looked at him. He bought his hand up and cupped my cheek

“Are you okay?" He asked softly.

'Is this man keeping secrets from me?'

●●●●●●●●

Sorry for the late update....its only a day late soooo😁😁that's not too bad right?

By the way what do you think is the real secret here?