Chapter 19

Chapter 19

                   (  Owen's POV )

I looked at Hugo as he kept clenching his jaw muscles.

'What the heck happened to him'

“Owen!” Chase called out as he entered the class with Green.

My eyes shifted from Hugo who was seating beside me to look at my friends.

'Wait where is Red?'

I asked myself as I searched for him in the group of kids who were taking their seats. I caught him walking with one of the cheerleaders, his hand was on her waist as they walked to another table that was in front.

I felt a sharp stab in my heart as I looked at them. I don't remember the last time I saw Red with a girl.

He had mentioned that he wants to focus on himself and stop dating so what was this?

“Don't worry about him, he'll probably dumb her after a week or two,” Said Chaise

I nodded and looked at them. 

Green and Chaise sat at the desk that was in front of me like usual but what was different today was that I didn't have Red sitting beside me, instead, I had a so-called demon taking his place.

“They look happy,” Said Hugo while looking at Red and his girl.

I glared at him and went back to the conversation I was having with my friends.

Red didn't even look in my direction and that had me worried.

“Did I do something wrong to Red?” I asked Green as we were leaving class and heading to the lounge

“Why?” He questioned

“Well I mean... he didn't even acknowledge my presence in class,” I said

Chaise came between us and hung his hands on our shoulders.

“You know how Red gets when he's in a relationship,” said Chaise

“Yeah....” I replied

I still didn't understand why he had to ignore me and why didn't he tell me about his new girlfriend when he came to visit me.

We sat down at a table that was at the back.

“Hello!” Said Red while sitting next to me.

Hugo was on my other side while Green and Chaise were in front of me. I was squeaked between these two.

“Hey man. How did your date go?” Asked Green

“Well we talked about our date that's on Friday and I'm kinda excited about it,” Red said.

I dropped my face as I felt the sharp pain in my heart.

Hugo brushed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. I looked at him and noticed that his eye color was Red.

“Hey” I whispered to him

He looked at me and gave me a weak smile “Stop worrying about him and I can hear your thoughts they are loud," he said

”Ooh, “ I said

Maybe his eyes were red because of how annoyed he was by my thoughts, so I tried thinking about my favorite movie.

”That's better, “ Hugo said

”Dude, are you listening to what I was saying?“ Asked Green

”Huh?“ I replied questioningly

”I was asking Red here why was he choosing our special day to go out on a date with someone who he doesn't even know that well!“ Green said, his hands in fists.

”Maybe if you would mind your own business and stop focusing on my own,“ Said Red

I was confused, why was Green angry because they were many times that I choose to do other things on Friday and he was never this angry with me.

Red pushed the chair that he was sitting on back as he stood up roughly, ”Why don't you just let me be?!“

”This doesn't involve only you and you can't keep on running away from the truth, you know that you're hurting him right?“ Said Green to Red

'Hurting him?' What did he mean by that and who is this him that they are talking about, I was confused by that statement

”Fuck you!“ Red said as he stomped away

”Well that didn't go so well, “ Said Chaise who had stopped eating

”Why were you so angry at him Gree?“ I asked

Green sighed and left without giving me an answer. Chaise scrunched up his shoulder as a way of telling me that he was confused as me.

”I think the is a twin thing going on between them, “ He said as he followed Green.

I was left alone...actually not alone because Hugo was still sitting beside me.